VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, why am I seeing so many Bad Ass rocco's on 17's recently? Just when I need to change tires too. Hmm, maybe I should sell the 16's and go bigger...
always swore that I wouldn't, but damn they would look nice...
Ahhh. We'll see.

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
Re: Somebody stop me!! (87stuna)

Ugh. IMHO 17's on a Scirocco are hideous and a cardinal sin. Too much wheel for such a small car.. the "wagon wheel" look, as the boys at Velocity oince called it. 16's are even too big for me, 15 is as big as I'd every go on any A1. But hey that's just me..

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Re: Somebody stop me!! (KevinC)

i think.. well.. it depends on the wheel you put on. Sup Jason?? how are you. What wheels were you thinkin of puttin on.??

·
Registered
662 Posts

I have 15's at the moment but will be upgrading to 17's before next summer. And hey even a polo can look good with a pair of 17's

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Re: Somebody stop me!! (VWPowered)

you cant dump it on 17x7 no matter what the offset is.
i am thinking about 16" on the front and 17" onthe rear. right now i am running 16" all the way around. t-u-c-k-i-n too.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Somebody stop me!! (rockin16v)

You can with coilovers. Jerry has 17x7.5 and his car is just tucking right Jerry. Looks the bomb too.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts

with some Hart Racing 17s.
and of course.. the BBS RS..

I think its just a mater of what you like and how much your willing to cut to make it work.Trust me.. i had to pretty much cut out the lip from the fenders and quarter panels. and now it only rubs lock to lock..
but im sure from 13s to 17s roccs look great

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Re: Somebody stop me!! (tnesh)

its just a mater of what you like and how much your willing to cut to make it work
i like it low, but am not really keen on cutting the whiol;e inside of mt wheel wells.
mine has a 85mm drop front and 105mm drop rear. *barely* tuckin, and rubs only lock to lock, and on bumps.
i didnt cut anything.i removed the inner plastic fender liner. now when i wash my ride, i have to hose out all the crap from under there. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
i know a stock rocco is worth more than a modded one, so my mods (even the body mods) can be reverse quite easily.
man, the day i sell my car (no plans to), but if/when i do ebay will be heaven for rocco owners.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Re: Somebody stop me!! (rockin16v)

Quote :"*barely* tuckin, and rubs only lock to lock, and on bumps. "
mmmmm.....I hit bumps all the time .....don't
think i wanna grind my tires. Those big tires
aren't cheap either

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Re: Somebody stop me!! (Frankulie)

i'm gettin some old skool ronal 13"s for mine, yeah baby!!! i think the 15x7 tsw evos i had on my 87 16v looked perfect though, much bigger and it might have started lookin wagonish.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Re: Somebody stop me!! (pastpargolf)

well true.. I had some bilstiens with race springs. which i cut to get the hieght i wanted. but the car had 0 suspension travel.. so i ended up getting the H&R ultra low coilovers. .. ALOT of suspension travel.. and drops my car just the way i like it.. LOWWWWWWWW...
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Super Moderator
'20 R1250 GSA, '17 Alltrak SEL, '89 Tristar Syncro TDi, '80 Scirocco "S"
23,395 Posts
Re: Somebody stop me!! (tnesh)

Jerry your car on those BBS'es makes me cry!
Yum-my....

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Re: Somebody stop me!! ([email protected])

yeah, and jerry:
those racing harts are quite possibly the coolest wheels i have ever seen.

are they old? still have 'em??? shoot me an email or IM with any info you have. i'm always questing for unobtainable parts.
...and that bilstein/neuspeed suspension really doesn't have any travel.
;D

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Re: Somebody stop me!! (wrecker)

quote:[HR][/HR]yeah, and jerry:
those racing harts are quite possibly the coolest wheels i have ever seen.

are they old? still have 'em??? shoot me an email or IM with any info you have. i'm always questing for unobtainable parts.
...and that bilstein/neuspeed suspension really doesn't have any travel.
;D[HR][/HR]​
I wish to god those were my wheels. they are a friends.and they are on his rocco. I talked em into lettin me sport em for a couple weeks. . I even offered to trade em my BBS wheels for em. but wont do it.I love the way it looks with em.

Paul..man. Sup how you doin. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts