VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
So the 2022's were out for 3 months before the 2023's hit? Crazy.
Good to see them back on schedule for the model year releases. The '22 release ended up being largely a joke where all they seemed to build were middle trim SEL R-lines. Think I've seen like 2 SEL-P-Rs, and no base models at all. One dealer here currently has actual photos of 7 different '22s on the ground, all SELs, all sitting there not selling long enough that it's worth the effort for them to take/upload actual pics. Looking forward to seeing Kingfisher in person, and have yet to see a Moonstone in person, only pics.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to see them back on schedule for the model year releases. The '22 release ended up being largely a joke where all they seemed to build were middle trim SEL R-lines. Think I've seen like 2 SEL-P-Rs, and no base models at all. One dealer here currently has actual photos of 7 different '22s on the ground, all SELs, all sitting there not selling long enough that it's worth the effort for them to take/upload actual pics. Looking forward to seeing Kingfisher in person, and have yet to see a Moonstone in person, only pics.
Agreed. I personally think the new Kingfisher Blue suits the Arteon a lot more than the outgoing Lapiz. Also glad to see Rosarios being standard on the SEL R-Line!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Source? I doubt they will make any further changes to the Arteon powertrain. What they should do is address the smallish 8.0" infotainment screen inside. Cars costing in the $30K range are coming with 10"+ screens nowadays.
The fix is in the works with that giant tablet like screen they are testing on the prototype. We will also lose the HVAC panel and shifter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 GTI SE 6MT, 2021 Audi S4 Premium
1,365 Posts
The fix is in the works with that giant tablet like screen they are testing on the prototype. We will also lose the HVAC panel and shifter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that prototype may have had an ID.Aero interior. I certainly don’t expect a major freshening of the Arteon exterior or interior. They should just put the 9.2” unit available on the Arteon elsewhere, and freshen up the center console area with a new shift lever and get rid of blank buttons.

·
Registered
'17 Passat 3.6L V6 SEL-P Fortana Red
339 Posts
Except it's not a DCT transmission, it's a DSG transmission. Thought it might've been a typo in the description, but he also called it a DCT as soon as he lifted the hood. He lost me right there. Typical salesman. Engine does look real busy, though, without it's cover.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Except it's not a DCT transmission, it's a DSG transmission. Thought it might've been a typo in the description, but he also called it a DCT as soon as he lifted the hood. He lost me right there. Typical salesman. Engine does look real busy, though, without it's cover.
He’s not a salesman. He does car reviews. I find him to be very entertaining and informative. DSG / DCT. AWD / 4 motion. Potatoe / potato😀

·
Registered
715 Posts
Go to YouTube and watch Raiti’s Ride. He just did a review on a 2023 Arteon, moonstone gray. He has done reviews of several Arteon’s over the years. :)
I see the SEL R now come with power lift/close trunk. That’s a feature I miss every time I open and close the trunk on my 22 SEL R.

Reactions: Alan_xu
1 - 18 of 18 Posts