VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: Someone in Maryland want to lend me the stock ecu for my apr ecu? (GTeeEYE)

Meesa think you're freaking out.
If it's basic maintenance, they won't find out. The only reason to worry is if you are having a type of problem that would make them suspect the ECU and check it out.
Unless they crack open the box on it, they can't tell. Don't worry.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

My email is down. Give me a call tomorrow. I have a stock one I can loan you.

[Modified by Jay24, 12:00 AM 8-5-2002]

·
Registered
299 Posts

yeah if it's basic maintenance, they probably won't check. I was ****tin my pants too when I went in for my 15K service, but everything went fine. I actually had a stock ECU, but it was bogus, so I had to get it replaced. Anyways, there should be no need to swap it out. Just put it in stock mode.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Re: Someone in Maryland want to lend me the stock ecu for my apr ecu? (Turbo Bruin)

If you have some issue other than regular service, something like you will claim warranty repairs, a dealer will find out that your ECU is not the original one just by hooking 1552/1551 and while scanning for trouble codes, ECU's number will be displayed and they will compare it with the factory recorded ECU number.
In many cases 1552/1552 will not detect your chip and it is a whole lot of work for regular stealership tech to pull your ECU out and open it looking for mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts