VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well make a long story short the PO jerry rigged both fuel pump wiring harnesses and ya so now its either replace the whole car harness or make my own wireing from the pumps to the back of the fuse panel now my question is do both pumps get wired into the same relay and fuse spot on the panel and also its jsut a powere wire from each pump that goes there right or are there more wires please someone help me and please no BUY a Bently remark trying to get my car going asap so i can get a job to buy a bently so please please help

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: someone please help answer my questions (VwCrazykid)

can i do that???anyone havea rear harness and also what other things will that harness hook upto??? and also please dont say go to the yard for one but ya someone gots to have on laying around its for a 86gli with cise

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Re: someone please help answer my questions (lil dubber 12)

Quote, originally posted by lil dubber 12 »
can i do that???anyone havea rear harness and also what other things will that harness hook upto??? and also please dont say go to the yard for one but ya someone gots to have on laying around its for a 86gli with cise
I hade one dude recently tore it up wiring up a friends standalone(I would have gave it to you for free
).I can't remember exactly what plug it is I will look in the bently a little later try surfing the classifieds there's probably someone in oregon parting a car that you can get that plug from.I believe your car is ce1 so if you decide to swap the whole car harness just get a full ce2 harness and upgrade the electrical system so if you decide to do a engine swap or something it will be easier for you

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Re: someone please help answer my questions (lil dubber 12)

Do you have a Bentley manual yet? They are quite helpful. If you don't let me know and I can look some stuff up for you Friday (I gots plans tonight). http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Re: someone please help answer my questions (CrazyMonkey)

Try going to the junk yard. I believe there is a U-Pull-it in Salem. There you will find many A2 cars you can look at. You should be able to get all your answers by just looking through the cars that are already torn apart. (Ie, following the wiring through the car.)

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Re: someone please help answer my questions (A2JettaGLI18)

A harness shouldn't cost more than $20.00, probably cheeper. You have to pay $2.00 to get in the junk yard also. This is money well spent, don't try to modify OEM, you will end up with the same and probably more problems. Good Luck.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Re: someone please help answer my questions (A2JettaGLI18)

There's a you-pull-it place in Albany too. I believe there is at least one in Eugene. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.