VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I parked my car in a parking lot near work and while on my lunch break I return to my car, I notice it had been scraped by another vehicle on the right fender. I have been parking at that parking lot for only a week now. I have monthly permit for which I pay $160 but every day this week when I get to the parking lot it is full.
I complained to the person there that I have a monthly pass and I should get a parking space. He told me that I come to work later like 10AM and by that time he has already sold spots for hourly parking.
Anyway, today since there was no space, he told me to parallel next to another car and keep an eye on the dub. No that my car is all messed up, should I complain to the parking lot manager to help to pay for the damages.
-- Nick

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Re: Someone Scraped my Baby!! (nicko)

sorry to hear about that. it is unacceptable that they sold your space to someone else. you (as a holder of a monthly pass) should get priority parking. I wish you luck getting this resolved, though it may have to wind up in small claims court.
What happened really sucks. I'd be furious!

[Modified by TheModSquad, 6:35 PM 4-4-2002]

·
Registered
23,994 Posts
Re: Someone Scraped my Baby!! (HaterOfHondas)

I used to have that problem...when I went to Temple University...for those that don't know, Temple sits on the outskirts of one of the most notorious ghettos in the east....I used to pay a monthly fee for safe secure indoor parking...but they would also sell off spots and the lot would fill...So, of course my Scirocco would get broken into when I was forced to park on the street....it got to the point where I would just leave the doors unlocked and take everything that I could with me.
I complained to the powers that be and was told that it was the policy of the university to sell off spots in the afternoon hours and that they were not liable for my break-in woes.....they didn't want to hear anymore out of me after making that clear....so, I feel for ya...but do what you can to make things right...

·
Registered
976 Posts
Re: Someone Scraped my Baby!! (VarLordahl)

quote:[HR][/HR]scrapes are bad [HR][/HR]​

Mmmm kay!
P.S. Humor is helpful in a depressing situation, but go ahead and remove the post again "god mods". http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.