VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
381 - 400 of 415 Posts

·
Registered
2008 VW R32 - (Rotrex Supercharged)
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #381 ·
:heart::heart::beer:

Thoughts on supercharged vs turbo? Or is there a different thread I should look at?

Either way... :wave::peace::beer:
Turbo kicks you in the pants - almost as a surprise and is fleeting. Feeling of BOOM there it is.

Supercharger is instant low end power and keeps on multiplying - feels like the power will never end. Just keeps multiplying - exponentially. SMOOTH!

One comment from a driver this weekend. "Power delivery feels just like my 911"

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
This thing has taken YEARS in development. I'm for one is interested but patient is running thin. E9 has never been responsive to my multiple inquires neither :facepalm:
Shoot me txt and I'll answer any questions you could have. It's hard to explain and

I been checking their website everyday since I saw this post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's one guy who has a day job.

Gee spoolin shoot me a txt and I'll answer any questions you might have. It's hard to understand but I'm asked everyday about finishing it up and making it available and I can only say soon so many times before it gets old from my end. I'm literally one guy like grka4 is saying and the cost and stress involved in creating this has had its toll on me. I have 2 young kids that I like to spend time with, I commute 4 hours a day to and from work on top of my 40 hour week, I'm a husband, and I try to get out with friends maybe once a month? I'd love for this to be a full time thing and have 40 hours+ a week to devote to this but it's unfortunately not the case. I always have big projects hanging over me and leaves me zero time. Having Dave finally be able to enjoy the car the last 6 months have been worth while to me and I'm happy to get some miles on the car and input. I'm happier it made it down to wookies to grab another best mk5 and I'm happier he made it back home. Hopefully hear good things when we get on the phone?

I know I left a couple people hanging on responses around December. Sorry if one of them was you. I'm messaging you my cell. Again feel free to shoot me a txt and we can arrange​ a call if need. 👍👍👍✌✌✌

Congrats again Dave!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 · (Edited)
Shoot me txt and I'll answer any questions you could have. It's hard to explain and

Gee spoolin shoot me a txt and I'll answer any questions you might have. It's hard to understand but I'm asked everyday about finishing it up and making it available and I can only say soon so many times before it gets old from my end. I'm literally one guy like grka4 is saying and the cost and stress involved in creating this has had its toll on me. I have 2 young kids that I like to spend time with, I commute 4 hours a day to and from work on top of my 40 hour week, I'm a husband, and I try to get out with friends maybe once a month? I'd love for this to be a full time thing and have 40 hours+ a week to devote to this but it's unfortunately not the case. I always have big projects hanging over me and leaves me zero time. Having Dave finally be able to enjoy the car the last 6 months have been worth while to me and I'm happy to get some miles on the car and input. I'm happier it made it down to wookies to grab another best mk5 and I'm happier he made it back home. Hopefully hear good things when we get on the phone?

I know I left a couple people hanging on responses around December. Sorry if one of them was you. I'm messaging you my cell. Again feel free to shoot me a txt and we can arrange​ a call if need. ✌✌✌

Congrats again Dave!
Vito,

You did a great job with this kit and all who see it and drive it are literally "BLOWN" away. I completely understand the work life balance issues and especially the need to spend what few spare hours you have each day with you wonderful family. The kids are now at an impressionable age and dad is important to you and them for sure.

I hope you are able to work out some way to bring this awesomeness to the masses. It has been a long development process and I don't think others understand how challenging it was to get it right.

In the grand scheme of things, having a fast car is NOT one of life's biggest priorities. Family is number one so I think you have your priorities straight. I hope you will be able to some day find a way to promise to keep plugging away on the production side of this project by taking at least small bites out of this elephant, when you can. Please don't drop it completely. Remember the corny name I came up for the kit?

I hope many more will be able to wake up and find a "DREAM R" in their garage.

To all interested parties, I know firsthand that good things come to those that wait and ask you to hang in there and be patient.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Turbo kicks you in the pants - almost as a surprise and is fleeting. Feeling of BOOM there it is.

Supercharger is instant low end power and keeps on multiplying - feels like the power will never end. Just keeps multiplying - exponentially. SMOOTH!

One comment from a driver this weekend. "Power delivery feels just like my 911"
NICE!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Vito,

You did a great job with this kit and all who see it and drive it are literally "BLOWN" away. I completely understand the work life balance issues and especially the need to spend what few spare hours you have each day with you wonderful family. The kids are now at an impressionable age and dad is important to you and them for sure.

I hope you are able to work out some way to bring this awesomeness to the masses. It has been a long development process and I don't think others understand how challenging it was to get it right.

In the grand scheme of things, having a fast car is NOT one of life's biggest priorities. Family is number one so I think you have your priorities straight. I hope you will be able to some day find a way to promise to keep plugging away on the production side of this project by taking at least small bites out of this elephant, when you can. Please don't drop it completely. Remember the corny name I came up for the kit?

I hope many more will be able to wake up and find a "DREAM R" in their garage.

To all interested parties, I know firsthand that good things come to those that wait and ask you to hang in there and be patient.

Thanks Dave!

No way I'm dropping it. Just moving at the speed that's right for me and the kit! Again wish I was able to devote more time and make everyone happy. ✌

·
Registered
2,188 Posts

I know I left a couple people hanging on responses around December. Sorry if one of them was you. I'm messaging you my cell. Again feel free to shoot me a txt and we can arrange​ a call if need. 👍👍👍✌✌✌

Congrats again Dave!
Vito, thanks a bunch for getting back to me. I did received your PM with your cell :thumbup:

The last time we spoke was through Facebook around Thanksgiving of last year. I appreciate the opportunity to talk more about this SC kit, as you know I was (and still am) very interested in what E9 can do for the mk5 R's. Without repeating myself over and over again, I'm simply hoping to get periodic updates regarding your progress and time frame that you plan to release a finalized version for sale.

Not gonna lie, but I'm getting impatient over this... cuz afterall it has been over 2 years that you began R&D. I admire of the fact that you are willing to cater to a small crowd of mk5 R32 owner in the US, as well as the fact that you wouldn't compromise with quality and reliability. Yes, I understand that you are "boutique-manufacturing" this supercharger kit all by yourself, while jiggling your work/family/personal obligations. But like you said, it indeed gets old when you said "soon" many times. If the pricing of this kit is similar to that of the mk4 version, I'd hope that you'd be taking the initiative to interact with potential customers as well as providing product updates. And the same goes for after-sales support.

Please don't take offense to the above if I sounded azzhole-ish while being over demanding with my complaints. But really... my thought is that this thing has generated so much excitement for me as a mk5 R owner, but it's no fun not knowing whether it will come to fruition. Anyway, I'd be happy for hear from you more regarding your progress and release date for sale. Be it here on Vortex or over on Facebook.

Godspeed and keep up the good work!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #388 ·

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Is there a est. price yet for this

He announced on Facebook a couple weeks ago that he will start producing the kits soon but no price as of yet.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #392 ·

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #394 ·
Any idea if he will ever mass produce the kit?

He says the auto tensioner is the last piece. It has a final design. He just has to test it out on my car. But he doesn’t have time... he’s right on the cusp - best to chat with him directly.

He has my car because something broke and we wanted to make sure it wasn’t anything related to the kit. The kit is fine. Holding up well. He is beefing up the internals on my motor as we speak. Should be done with that soon.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #397 · (Edited)
where could one get the supercharged badge?
Manly Ebay or amazon. Just google supercharged badge and you will find dozens. Just pay attention to the size you want. They come in lots of sizes that are made for other brands - easily adapted to your purpose. I think the one I have on the rear hatch came from a Cobalt and some have ragged on me about it, but I don’t care. It’s just right. You can play with the mounting location and align it to your taste.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Vito,
Cash in hand ready to make a move on a couple other brands. Completely understand the work/life balance aspect of things. But just looking to get something set in stone as TVS, Carlicious and now Rushworth is offering a rotrex kit too. Would love commit to your kit and get in on my car before wookies in April.

Cheers.

Anthony

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #400 ·
381 - 400 of 415 Posts