VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something that I picked up last night. Anyone need a spare?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Re: Something that I have... (dub ting)

That would be perfect for someone to get ported and polished, and then post the results. Wonder if you could shave the head on a VR6, and up the compression safely, or if the computer wouldn't allow it.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Re: Something that I have... (usfgtivr6)

quote:[HR][/HR]That would be perfect for someone to get ported and polished, and then post the results. Wonder if you could shave the head on a VR6, and up the compression safely, or if the computer wouldn't allow it.[HR][/HR]​
P/P the 24v head would only result in a 24-31 hp gain, depending on the aggressiviness of the P/P job(you can get upto 71hp on full race application). That along with a intake and exhaust would put your numbers somewhere around that of a R32. A good P/P job done on a 24v head can cost anywhere up to $700 U.S. dollars. Contact TM Tuning at there website, TMTuning.com. But still...no 4motion

[Modified by VR6Veruchtar, 2:05 PM 3-19-2003]

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone has already laid claim to it.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Re: Something that I have... (rhussjr)

TMTUNING is coming out w/ there head for our car's .........from what I have heard it is prity bad ass......but not out yet http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
406 Posts
Re: Something that I have... (RTW gti)

With a ported head, will we need to compensate for fuel/timing etc.? Im assuming this will be done via. custom chip? Im new to VWs, and I do not know the ECU/tuning well.
Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts