VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so my 03 tiptronic GTI is seriously messed up. the drive isnt smooth because when it shifts its rough and it makes my tires chirp. The ASR/ESP light stays on and my boost pressure doesnt go above -.06 bar. Is it my transmission/ECU/wires... i have no clue what happened i just need to fix it... help

·
Registered
741 Posts
Re: something's not right (koch)

i had to have my 2002.5 VR6 transmission replaced under warrenty. The same things happened. Rough shifts with the wheels chirping. Reverse was a bitch too. It is tipronic too. Have the tranny checked

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: something's not right (Jetta-Haup6)

checked all the visible wires coudnt find anything wrong or disconnected checked the ECU wires too.. after i reset the battery it wasnt on but i ran the car for 2 mins and then i heard this humming sound from the left side of the car

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Chances are your MAF is bad. You really cannot do anything without scanning the car... Of course you could start throwing parts at it, but it would be much better to know what the problem is first, no?

·
Banned
32,385 Posts
Re: something's not right (koch)

02' tranny's had a programming upgrade along with a control solenoid replacement...it should be covered under warranty.
check with your dealer to see if that specific campaign has been performed on your car's tranny.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: something's not right (lsinlv)

alright yeah went to dealership turns out the MAF was bad and some vacuum lines were interfering he also mentioned a better Diverter. I have some crappy purlple valve on any suggestions as to a decent DV?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.