VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a power loss lately. After checking everything electrical, compression etc , I decided to change the fuel filter since it has been almost 30K when it was changed.
Now power is back, i am so happy. i cut the old filter open, and the paper element was dark yellow to brownish color. i have been using only new gas stations and still got the filter clogged.

·
Registered
19,447 Posts
Re: sometimes things are so simple (Dimitri16V)

happy to hear u got some power back i think i might have to do this also.. i been lacking alittle power too..

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: sometimes things are so simple (85roccoZ400)

My power loss would be more obvious between 3k and 4k RPMs. Going uphill in 4th wasn't attainable anymore, i had to downshift to 3rd. thats' when i knew something was wrong. When you change the filter i suggest, you fill it up with Redline SL-1 cleaner, nice to give the distributor and injectors a cleaning and prevent the filter element from becoming torn from pressurized fuel .I have a tall tranny FN and any power loss is easily noticeable, I hate this tranny, but thanks to Bush, I need to keep it for fuel economy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.