VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SON OF A!!!

Man it snows here today for the first time..its not even really sticking...just an inch if that.
Turn to come down my street...and the rim eats a chunk of curb..damn ice
I was going like 5 mph on the corner too which i what makes me mad...car slid hella and BAM!
:mad
Tire didn't lose any air on the 30 or so feet i had to drive to my house but rim is bent big time.
Time to go to discount tire and get my steelies and snowjobs early I guess
be careful out there people..

·
Registered
611 Posts
Re: SON OF A!!! (W0lfsburg4)

That sucks! I bet you have more than an inch today! They're saying we might see a flake or two down here today! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
8,909 Posts
Re: SON OF A!!! (W0lfsburg4)

We had snow on the ground here in El Paso this morning, too. We didn't get any last year. The local interstate (I-10) was a complete joke. I took the "shortcut" over the mountain to get to work. More snow, of course, but fewer fools...
Sciroccos do quite well in the snow, BTW...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Re: SON OF A!!! (VWhombre)

Hey guys, just be glad you don't live up in the great white north. We've had about 11 inches of snow since Saturday.

·
Registered
8,909 Posts
Re: SON OF A!!! (epik22)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hey guys, just be glad you don't live up in the great white north. We've had about 11 inches of snow since Saturday. [HR][/HR]​
BUT - people up there learn to drive in it. I'm a transplant from Montana so I at least have a few white memories. Most of the people down here are completely clueless and, as a result, quite dangerous.

·
Banned
3,321 Posts

snow!?!
in tx!!! here in mtl we got nothin but if you got some i can't imagine what we'll get this winter http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
24,175 Posts
Re: SON OF A!!! (8vjettaGT)

quote:[HR][/HR]...They're saying we might see a flake or two down here today! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
[HR][/HR]​
I hear there's lots of flakes in Austin...

We've been ducking snow so far, and the Blizzaks don't go on until the first fall starts sticking, so if Mr. Weatherman is right, I can put that off another week or so.
Besides, driving in the snow can be fun!

Well, most of the time...

·
Registered
416 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR] BUT - people up there learn to drive in it. I'm a transplant from Montana so I at least have a few white memories. Most of the people down here are completely clueless and, as a result, quite dangerous.[HR][/HR]​

Good point! People in Calgary are the worst winter drivers. You'd think a place where there is snow on the ground at least six month out of the year they would learn to drive in it. But nooooooo.
Snow in Calgary is like Cocaine. Once the white stuff hits the ground everybody gets paranoid!!

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Re: SON OF A!!! (epik22)

No snow here in MA, yet....
My car is gradually making it's way into winter mode. Rubber mats and mudflaps went on yesterday, coilovers got cranked back up last week, snow tires go on next week, bra goes on when snow is on the ground, ski rack goes on when ski team practice starts up

·
Banned
3,321 Posts
Re: SON OF A!!! (Zwoobah)

i retract what i've said there's been 6 inches of that white stuff in mtl since this morning. i should really keep my mouth shut sometimes

·
Registered
239 Posts
Re: SON OF A!!! (Verruckt)

When we had snow (about 7 months ago) I took my polo to a parking lot behind the college I attended, and did some slides,handbrake turns etc... who says snow can't be fun

it helps me understand the cars limits, and makes me more capable of avoiding a dangerous situation if it should ever occur, as long as I practise in an empty p-lot and not on open road (as some fools do).
~Malcolm

[Modified by Msquared, 10:29 PM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re: SON OF A!!! (Msquared)

Very few things are cooler than 6" of snow and a car that you don't care about. Time for "fun with overcorrection"

·
Banned
3,321 Posts
Re: SON OF A!!! (CorradoYEAH!)

quote:[HR][/HR]Very few things are cooler than 6" of snow and a car that you don't care about. Time for "fun with overcorrection"[HR][/HR]​
a friend of mine has a 87 cadillac as a winter car ( he drives a mk2 golf vr6 in the summer) and he has already destroyed the front grille at the first snow storm!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts