VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately it's the right decision. The show has far outgrown the town. This was my eighth year in attendance. I'm sorry to see it go, but it might be time.

·
Registered
21,662 Posts
Man, if this was the last one, I'm glad I did end up going. I had wanted to go for years and FINALLY got around to making it. I, for one, had a great time! I did see a lot immature douches, but still, I had tons of fun just relaxing around town.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Man, if this was the last one, I'm glad I did end up going. I had wanted to go for years and FINALLY got around to making it. I, for one, had a great time! I did see a lot immature douches, but still, I had tons of fun just relaxing around town.
I am with you on that, this was my first time as well and I am also pissed at those who are trying to ruin such a good show.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've been the last 3 years and burnouts have happened every year, why not have a specifc area (or two) to burn em down if you're into that. The crowd will follow the action. To keep everyone off the streets how about renting a couple hundred sections of portable fencing? No matter the outcome I will still be attending every year to check out cool cars in a cool town

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Truth: their local economy is almost 100% tourism based, but the locals are openly hostile to tourists and want them all to leave and stay out.

I say give the locals what they want, and let their idyllic mountain paradise wither away and become a haven for meth heads.

10,943 Posts
Truth: their local economy is almost 100% tourism based, but the locals are openly hostile to tourists and want them all to leave and stay out.

I say give the locals what they want, and let their idyllic mountain paradise wither away and become a haven for meth heads.
In.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
I've been the last 3 years and burnouts have happened every year, why not have a specifc area (or two) to burn em down if you're into that. The crowd will follow the action. To keep everyone off the streets how about renting a couple hundred sections of portable fencing? No matter the outcome I will still be attending every year to check out cool cars in a cool town
OR how about people just be responsible and just not do burnouts:confused: Seems like a very simple solution

·
Premium Member
04 R32, 19 Golf R
88,067 Posts
Town is too small and the business owners (mainly hotels) take advantage anyways.

Move it away from Helen. I've been saying it and I will continue to say it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
OR how about people just be responsible and just not do burnouts:confused: Seems like a very simple solution
Designated burnout area is a better option. People get the footage they want and you ticket/impound people who do it out of said area. I never understood the hate for burnouts at every car meet ever.

The real stumbling point would be finding a fitting spot near Helen for this to happen and be accessible to make a worthwhile impact on curbing it on the street/random parking lots.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Designated burnout area is a better option. People get the footage they want and you ticket/impound people who do it out of said area. I never understood the hate for burnouts at every car meet ever.

The real stumbling point would be finding a fitting spot near Helen for this to happen and be accessible to make a worthwhile impact on curbing it on the street/random parking lots.
I never said I hated it, people just need to show responsibility and it seems most people cant grasp the concept of being responsible. Maybe they need to be treated like little kids, if you cant handle it you take it away, you don't sugar coat it and say "oh well maybe just do such and such"

Maybe the weekend needs to not happen for a year or two. I say weekend because the show isn't the actual issue

·
Registered
835 Posts
Is the person that wrote that mildly retarded?

"
No more SoWo

No more Memorial Day

No more Jeeps

No more July 4th

No more Labor Day

No more Oktoberfest

No more Christmas"

I bet all those other events attract crowds that don't trash the city and gridlock the traffic.
Are you? Somebody (local at that) writes an article defending it and you talk smack? Those other events DO bring in huge crowds (not 20k, but they're pretty busy). Oktoberfest in that town lasts almost 2 months, there are hundreds of bike rallies there, and Christmas /winter keeps the condos and cabins packed.
The point she was making is the opinions of the locals differs between the business owners and other residents.

Sent from a bowl of salt...

1 - 20 of 84 Posts