VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2-3 months ago VW service said my problem with the engine was because 1 spark plug had blown out or loosened off. They did not find the cause. Today I am having the same problem, could it be that faulty firing due to bad wires or coil could be creating to much pressure by not burning of all the fuel?
Has anybody else had this issue?

· Registered
868 Posts
Re: (BingoBob)

Quote, originally posted by BingoBob »
Now taking serious replys...

sarcasm isn't gonna get you very far...

He was suggesting something may be wrong with the threads causing the plugs to be blown out, and was asking a valid question...whether you do your own spark plugs or not.
If you do, you might be able to check the threads yourself.
Diagnosing car problems over the internet is alot harder than it looks, lol...

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (FL 2.0L)

Sorry FL 2.0L, I thought you were suggesting to search the online threads!!!
Now that I am clear on whats going on here, I have not checked the threads yet, but I will. I have never changed the plugs on this car, looks tight for access?!?!? Any tips or tricks???
Thanks for the help guys.

· Registered
9,143 Posts
No sweat. I can see how that can be taken a different way! Plugs one and four are not that difficult, but two and three can be a challenge. I can get all 4 with a long extension. It is pretty much a straight shot under the intake manifold. I'll bet the dealer couldn't find the issue because they caused the issue. Good luck!

· Registered
2,056 Posts
Re: (jasmatshi)

Quote, originally posted by jasmatshi »
Best thing in the world is angled socket extensions, or the kind that look like they are sorta hinged, can't think of proper name. Its best to have good tools

U-joint?
I don't know about the Mk4's, but I just take off the upper intake off my Mk3 so I don't have to monkey w/extensions and what not.

· Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: (Josh1581)

this has happened to me twice. once, about mid/late january, on cylinder 2, and on feb. 2th, on cylinder 3.
5 minutes after i got cylinder 3 plug back in, i get a DUI.
that was a great nite.

· Registered
98 Posts
Re: (Josh1581)

[Best thing in the world is angled socket extensions, or the kind that look like they are sorta hinged, can't think of proper name. Its best to have good tools]
around here on the snap on and mac tool trucks we call the swivel exentions
sorry to just but in just wanted to share

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.