VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all my people who own a 24v vr6t what kind of spark plugs do you use for your car, and what brand axles do you use i done broke 3 axles already making 410whp let me know thanks....

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
Re: Spark Plugs for 24v vr6 turbo (Snax24vrt)

I use stock axles, car has ran on them for 3+ years boosted. Stock ride height saves you heh.
Most of us run either: (In order from cheap to spendy)
NGK BKR7E
NGK BKR7EIX (Iridium Tipped version of above)
Denso IK22 or IK24 depending on boost level. These are iridium as well. The IK22 is about the same temp as an NGK "7"
Stock 24v uses NGK "5" heat range. "7" is two steps colder, and the IK24's are another step colder than that. (You can, for example, get NGK BKR8E's and BKR8EIX's which are as cold as IK24's)
FWIW I am running NGK BKR7E's but have ran both of the other listed plugs also. I have been swapping crap around with my car a lot lately and so went with the cheap ones for now.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Re: Spark Plugs for 24v vr6 turbo (PhReE)

I use BKR7E's at .024.
and i have a driver side raxle that is on its way out, and a OEM passengers side.
so this will be axle #2, one OEM and one "bulletproof raxle", but the inner cv joint is ****ed i think, so that doesnt count

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sorry for the grave digging, but this is closest relevant thread that I could fine.

I picked up a set of BKR7E plugs, I was surprised to find out that these are for the I5 AAN motor. When I got home I measured them with the a stock that came in my new from VW motor. It is alot shorter, unfortunately I have to use plugs with a removable top due using AEM/CBR coils with a twin fire ignition. The Bosch side fires are an AAN plug that has a removable top. I will probably use those, they worked great with my B5 S4.

I have done some searching to no avail. Has any used these? They are same car as the BKR7E, they have an excellent track record in the S4 community, unfortunately they are about $8 - $14 dollars more depending on where you get them.

Stock on from new motor on top, BKR7E and Side Fire on the bottom.

BKR7E and Stock fitment on old junkyard head. The stockers protrude a lot further in the bowl, the NGK (and the Side Fires would) sit flush with the bowl and plug body.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts