VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,I still dont know what to put in my doors i know 5.25 but componenets,midrange etc.I'm gonna have 2 12" infinity perfects in the trunk.I didnt want components for 1 reason only i didnt want to install the tweets in my door at all i want it left the way it is.Any suggestion also for dash?I'm gonna yank all that activ [email protected] out.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Re: speaker help please (kdblove_99)

i wouldn't put anything in the dash (I dont' like them reflecting off the windsheild) but if you want to go seperates you can get the tweeters mounted in their and aimed away from the windsheild would be a good way to go... otherwise just spend the money on some really nice 5.25 2-ways... onces with a seperate tweet built over the mid range driver that direction adjustable

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

How would you get the tweeter to fit in the dash spot? and if that were the case shouldnt i just get a component set instead of a 2 way and a tweeter and stick the tweet in the dash spot and seaker of course in the doors?

·
Registered
15,057 Posts

it's easy, just use some back strap or some sort or bracket material to suspend the tweet in the dash opening and mount the mid range driver in the door.. it's not the ideal situation (you dont' want the tweeter more then 13" away from the driver) but it will work if you get the tweeter set up for proper imaging and you can adjust the level or "brightness" of the tweeter on the passiver crossover.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Re: speaker help please (cramer)

I got some kappa components and mounted the tweeter on the little black triangle in the corner of the window, and it worked perfectly. They sound good, and it was very easy to send wires down to the crossover.

·
Registered
11,535 Posts
Re: speaker help please (vdubjb)

I put my tweeters in the dash as well... But what I did was tear apart the stock crappy speakers and used the baskets to hold the new tweeters (using a surface mount pod)...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Re: speaker help please (vw mofo)

I mounted my crossover on the inside door side of the door panel (just used some hot glue). I like the way the tweeters look in the triangle, and I will put some pictures up as soon as I get my new deck and finish up the sound system (though, after adding the 6x9s and realizing that I really do need more super low bass, I'll probably end up getting a 10" sub later on...)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.