VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear VW Vortex Enthusiast,
We wish to thank all of you that have supported Quaife America & Quaife U.K. over the years with the purchase of ATB differentials and gearkits. With the introduction and apparent success of the lower cost Peloquin differential introduced in the past few years, we have recognized the need to be more price competitive and thus will do whatever is necessary to retain your business.
Effective 04/11/02, we will now offer Quaife 02A & 02J differentials for $50 less than whatever a Peloquin diff can be purchased for, with documentation for support. If you can provide proof (invoice, fax, e-mail, VW Vortex thread, etc) that a Peloquin can be purchased for a stated price, say $750 for example, we will offer you the Quaife for $700. If you happen to find a Peloquin on a "Group Buy" for say, $700, we will offer the Quaife for $650. As an added incentive, this new policy WILL ALSO INCLUDE the ARP HD Bolt Kit. Not only will you get the Quaife diff for cheaper, but the best bolt kit available from ARP of engine fastener fame (which is sold normally for $80 by itself). Every Quaife diff still features our WRITTEN Ltd. Lifetime Warranty, even when used for competition purposes. A copy of the warranty and warranty registration card is sent with every differential purchased. You may also view a copy of the warranty online at http://www.quaifeamerica.com.
The point is, WE WILL NO LONGER BE UNDERSOLD! Not only will you get the premium quality of the Quaife differential for $50 less, you also get the ARP diff bolt kit for free. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at (949) 240-4000 or toll free at (800) 553-1055. Our new pricing policy is also applicable to our current trade customers, potential trade customers or current Peloquin trade customers.
Thank you for your time and consideration of this post.
Sincerely,
Ron Moser
President
Autotech Sport Tuning Corp./Quaife America

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Re: SPECIAL 02A/02J Quaife Incentive (Ralph @ Autotech)

hell yeah, I love competition http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif too bad I already got my Quaife http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Re: SPECIAL 02A/02J Quaife Incentive (THE Wuss)

Well, it would seem as if Peloquin is the one in trouble over this, as I'd bet Aututech can hang on with more losses for longer, just a guess though as I don't really know each business. I may have to jump on this at some point (once my stock clutch goes).

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Re: SPECIAL 02A/02J Quaife Incentive (Jeff Andrews)

Uhhh, I guess all you guys who are so happy never gave any thought to how much Autotech was gouging people before. I will say that I DO have a Quaiffe and that it is great. I DID buy it from Autotech, but bought it from them for $500 when they were doing another 'special' that was directly attributable to the introduction on the Peloquin differential a while back.
Maybe everyone should be giving props to Peloquin for having developed a competent product that has forced Autotech to lower their prices. Remember, Autotech isn't doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, they are doing it because they are loosing business. Good business practice to lower price in the face of competition,, yes, but me thinks they were screwing people before Peloquin came along.
My 2 cents
Victor

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Re: SPECIAL 02A/02J Quaife Incentive (Ralph @ Autotech)

quote:[HR][/HR]Dear VW Vortex Enthusiast,

We wish to thank all of you that have supported Quaife America & Quaife U.K. over the years with the purchase of ATB differentials and gearkits. With the introduction and apparent success of the lower cost Peloquin differential introduced in the past few years, we have recognized the need to be more price competitive and thus will do whatever is necessary to retain your business.

Effective 04/11/02, we will now offer Quaife 02A & 02J differentials for $50 less than whatever a Peloquin diff can be purchased for, with documentation for support. If you can provide proof (invoice, fax, e-mail, VW Vortex thread, etc) that a Peloquin can be purchased for a stated price, say $750 for example, we will offer you the Quaife for $700. If you happen to find a Peloquin on a "Group Buy" for say, $700, we will offer the Quaife for $650. As an added incentive, this new policy WILL ALSO INCLUDE the ARP HD Bolt Kit. Not only will you get the Quaife diff for cheaper, but the best bolt kit available from ARP of engine fastener fame (which is sold normally for $80 by itself). Every Quaife diff still features our WRITTEN Ltd. Lifetime Warranty, even when used for competition purposes. A copy of the warranty and warranty registration card is sent with every differential purchased. You may also view a copy of the warranty online at http://www.quaifeamerica.com.

The point is, WE WILL NO LONGER BE UNDERSOLD! Not only will you get the premium quality of the Quaife differential for $50 less, you also get the ARP diff bolt kit for free. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at (949) 240-4000 or toll free at (800) 553-1055. Our new pricing policy is also applicable to our current trade customers, potential trade customers or current Peloquin trade customers.

Thank you for your time and consideration of this post.

Sincerely,

Ron Moser
President
Autotech Sport Tuning Corp./Quaife America[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Re: SPECIAL 02A/02J Quaife Incentive (vfarren)

quote:[HR][/HR]Uhhh, I guess all you guys who are so happy never gave any thought to how much Autotech was gouging people before. I will say that I DO have a Quaiffe and that it is great. I DID buy it from Autotech, but bought it from them for $500 when they were doing another 'special' that was directly attributable to the introduction on the Peloquin differential a while back.
Maybe everyone should be giving props to Peloquin for having developed a competent product that has forced Autotech to lower their prices. Remember, Autotech isn't doing this out of the kindness of their hearts, they are doing it because they are loosing business. Good business practice to lower price in the face of competition,, yes, but me thinks they were screwing people before Peloquin came along.
My 2 cents
Victor[HR][/HR]​
Thats why I said I love competition. The only who definatley wins is the consumer. And this is a smart move on Autotech's part, remember they have just had their clutch kit reputation messed with by some out of control posting in this forum http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif People (like me anyway) usually do clutches and flywheels at the same time as the diff.

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: SPECIAL 02A/02J Quaife Incentive (Phishy)

So basically everyone is happy that they are now admitting they were makign 100% profit 12 months ago on this and are only lowerign the price becuase someone figured this out and made a better product?
Granted I love autotech stuff, only swaybars I would use, they know there stuff, but when it comes to quaiffe I Was always a bit skeptical, I got my peloquin for more then what htey are now and that was at wholesale price at the time over a year ago. AT the time a Quaiffe was 50% more then what I paid for the peloquin. I am all for profit, but this new deal also messes up any of the resellers, what are they supposed to buy the diffs for if the prices varies by teh phone call? What happens when a shop buys them for 600 bucks and next week peloquin has a sale and sells them for 600 so quaifes are 550? Are there no longer any Quiffe resellers. And what about other Quiaffe diffs, since peloquin doenst' make them for the other makes does that mean that a diff for say a civic (note I dont' know what makes the yare made for but I know they are made) are still over 1200 bucks, evne though from this post it is obvious that there is still profit to be made if selling for half that.

peter I think for kicks you should change your site so you lose like 150 bucks on each diff instead of makign like 2 bucks on them, that would be funny, since they said all they needs is a quote or website advertisign the price. How fast do you think this offer would be reverted
,he he he oh well good luck
chris
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Re: SPECIAL 02A/02J Quaife Incentive (vfarren)

quote:[HR][/HR]Uhhh, I guess all you guys who are so happy never gave any thought to how much Autotech was gouging people before. I will say that I DO have a Quaiffe and that it is great. I DID buy it from Autotech, but bought it from them for $500 when they were doing another 'special' that was directly attributable to the introduction on the Peloquin differential a while back.
My 2 cents
Victor[HR][/HR]​
Well said. But still a http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif for Autotech.
quote:[HR][/HR]Hmmm... I wonder what Gary Peloquin's response to this will be.
Wish I waited on mine. I can't wait to see how cheap they get![HR][/HR]​
No matter how cheap they are to buy, they'll still cost an arm and a leg to install.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.