VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Re: (WCPvee-dubVR)

VeeDub will not do it. You will have to take that 2 grand and give it to a body shop and have them do it.

·
Banned
150 Posts
Re: Special Order Silverstone Gray 20th AE? (EuroKrix(NJ))

Quote, originally posted by EuroKrix(NJ) »
can i pay extra to have a Silverstone Gray 20th? I know BMW has a program for 2k extra on any of its lineup.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Re: Special Order Silverstone Gray 20th AE? (Kiran Jalucian)

VW doesn't special order cars like this. Even if they did, 2003 ordering is closed, and dealers were not able to order 20th AE models, they were allocated by VW of America Representatives to each dealer.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Re: Special Order Silverstone Gray 20th AE? (DA PUN!)

Quote, originally posted by DA PUN! »
why paint it, thats like going taking the long way around. just slap on the trany, interior and body kit thats it. but yeah if you have the cash i would ask them if they are willing to do so.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
623 Posts

The 20th AE GTi was a limited production car offered in three special colors. If you like the Silverstone color, buy a silverstone GTI and buy the votex body kit for it. Customization my friend. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: Special Order Silverstone Gray 20th AE? (jorlando)

...and buy my seats...there's 90% of the interior to "go 20th style".

·
Banned
2,114 Posts

Quote, originally posted by EuroKrix(NJ) »
can i pay extra to have a Silverstone Gray 20th? I know BMW has a program for 2k extra on any of its lineup.
Thanks

yea, buy the 20th AE in whichever color prob blue or yellow, then take it to a paint shop and pay them to match the paint to silverstone gray.

·
Registered
12,763 Posts

I believe some dealer took a base Silverstone Grey GTI and started putting 337 parts on it. It's too bad they didn't finish it, it's a great looking car! Looks a bit funky without the sideskirts though.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Re: Special Order Silverstone Gray 20th AE? (U n i o n 0015)

Excellent Shot! Did the car come with the 337 bits from the dealer? Including the wheels?
Customized mine bit by bit.

Modified by vincenzo at 7:59 PM 6-30-2003

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Re: Special Order Silverstone Gray 20th AE? (U n i o n 0015)

Quote, originally posted by U n i o n 0015 »
I believe some dealer took a base Silverstone Grey GTI and started putting 337 parts on it. It's too bad they didn't finish it, it's a great looking car! Looks a bit funky without the sideskirts though.

isn't that the car somebody bought, and then was trying to sell at a crazy price? (i might be crazy, but i remember that pic)

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Re: Special Order Silverstone Gray 20th AE? (JakeN20)

Quote, originally posted by JakeN20 »

isn't that the car somebody bought, and then was trying to sell at a crazy price? (i might be crazy, but i remember that pic)

Not sure the story behind that car...I just remember someone posting and I thought it was a really great picture, so I saved it.

I remember that it was a dealer was trying to sell it, though.

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
Re: (MrGTI)

Quote, originally posted by MrGTI »
Repainting a special edition car like a 20AE in a different colour will destroy your resale value. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

sometimes I wonder if ppl understand what sarcasm is.........
But, just to play devil's advocate, who cares about resale value, you can't live your car based on what the resale value is going to be, because then your not enjoying "YOUR" car. Resale value is based on many many attributes and scenarios, supply and demand. If the paint is done right and kept looking good and you find the right person that wants to buy it, you may sell it for more than the resale value because its there is none like it and someone really wants it in that color. You don't know what the market will be like in 3-5 years when you may look to sell it, it could be worth a lot or vw may flood the market with other special edition cars which make these practically not that special. Just facts of life.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Nameci is correct. And i only gave a quick answer.
It is your car, and you can do whatever you want to it. And if you want to repaint it, then go ahead and repaint it.
But,... understand that there are many things at play in this world, and changing the colour of a limited edition or "numbered" car can adversly effect it's value.
As an example (only and example), i think it was in 1968 that Chevy had the special "indy pace car" camero. It was white with orange stripes. If you repainted that car, it's value is next to nothing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts