VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
14,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to sure if this should be posted in here but ohh well:
I'M Just wondering if anyone has gotten pulled over for speeding?
In the state they live in or a different state?
What was your speed?
Did you get any points? if so How many?
I Unfortionately got snagged in Louisanna

· Registered
372 Posts
Re: Speeding Tickets? AnyOne Ever get 1?? (StattlichPassat)

I'm sure that absolutely no one on the vortex has ever even thought about speeding. So, I'm sure that if they were pulled over it would be because of some simple misunderstanding...

· Registered
6,513 Posts
Re: Speeding Tickets? AnyOne Ever get 1?? (MotownSVT)

hahahahaha....
i think i might hold the record...
i lost my liscense 4 times for points received for speeding...
i've gotten them in other states (luckily nevada, utah, arizona like to share information, you get a warrant in one state, it's a warrant in all states)....
but at this point, i beleive i am down to zero points...or 1 speeding ticket...

· Registered
168 Posts
Re: Speeding Tickets? AnyOne Ever get 1?? (Mk3VeeDub)

Quote, originally posted by Mk3VeeDub »
Not to sure if this should be posted in here but ohh well:
I'M Just wondering if anyone has gotten pulled over for speeding?
In the state they live in or a different state?
What was your speed?
Did you get any points? if so How many?
I Unfortionately got snagged in Louisanna

I got tagged for an 81 in a 65 about two years ago. $105 flate rate (Hennepin County , Minnesota) fine and no points, since Minnesota doesn't use a points system. First and only speeding ticket.
I felt luck though, it could have been worse. The officer showed me the radar readouts and said "I got you going 101, 97, 95, 92, 89, 85, 83 and 81. I'll give it to you for 81."
I'm glad he did. If it was 85 or higher, that would have meant stiffer fines and an appearance in front of the judge.
Oh well, do the crime, do the time, or pay the fine.

· Registered
36 Posts

Got cut 5 times for speeding
1. 165 in a 100 kmph zone (Quebec)
2. 92 in a 40 kmph zone (Quebec)
3. 119 in a 50 kmph zone (Quebec)
4. 72 in a 55 mph zone (NY)
5. 134 in a 100 kmph zone (Ontario)
Never lost my license but I drove a lot of time with only one point left on it!

· Registered
6,348 Posts
I got pulled over the weekend I got my WRX. Was going 15 over (the lower speed of 40 the new one was 50) in a speed change zone. I even stalled the car out when i went to stop since I wasn't used to driving stick shift. Luckily I only got a warning.

· Registered
2,230 Posts
Re: (westfield32)

i guess he didn't receive his Vortex PBA card yet that absolves him from all moving violations except street racing, for obvious reasons...

· Registered
4,263 Posts

quick answer: does a bear sh~t in the woods

Yes, I've gotten a few, but here is the run down:
In '96, tagged in MI @ 3am going some speed trying to get back to school north of Chicago the same day. Luckily, I had money and paid for ticket right there and then; otherwise, they keep my TX lic until I come back for judge case. There went my B-day money! $140ish.
My insurance went up.
but no points.
Got tagged later, much later, '00, driving back from Pheonix, only 100 miles left to get to home, got tagged 81 in a 70. Damn cruise control. It works now
. I did online DD as it was out of county, and paid the appropiate fees. No points. No change in ins. premiums.
Got tagged too soon after that, trying to rush home to finish online DD before deadline.
Going 57 in 45 ? Luckily my radar went off; otherwise, I would have been caught doing more. Did I mention I hate instant-on!!!
I think... I did probation for 6 wks, no points, no change in ins. premiums. Get this, during the trial, judge said, I have a benefit golf tournament, who wants probation. Tons of ppl went up, he smiled and said 6 wks. Normally, probation is 3 months.
to that judge!!!

I am clean now... but who knows.

· Banned
1,769 Posts

i've been pulled over in my lifetime about 25 times, gotten about 12-15 tickets.
where i am from this is normal.
these are split between Quebec, Toronto and Iowa.
In quebec, people drive like nuts, where i really learned to drive. im being good now though.

· Registered
36 Posts
Re: Speeding Tickets? AnyOne Ever get 1?? (maxt)

Quote, originally posted by maxt »
In quebec, people drive like nuts, where i really learned to drive. im being good now though.

We drive like nuts??

Did you ever drove in Europe (Paris, London, Roma)? They do drive like nuts there
Not in Quebec

· Registered
16,041 Posts
Re: Speeding Tickets? AnyOne Ever get 1?? (StattlichPassat)

Quote, originally posted by StattlichPassat »
No! I have NEVER been pulled over for speeding. :

fer real? I've gotten tickets in the past, but thanks to the beauty of Defensive driving and/or a good lawyer, none are on my record. The one I needed a lawyer for was 89 in a 60.

· Banned
1,769 Posts
Re: Speeding Tickets? AnyOne Ever get 1?? (Walt77)

yes i've driven in europe, and the french are crazy.
Mais dis moi, j'ai jamais vu quelqun qui conduit a 140 km/h avec sa zezette, deux pneus de secours en diagonale, qui coupe a travers 3 lignes, sauf au quebec.
et puis le systeme d'autoroute sur l'ile de montreal dicte que tu dois conduire comme un malade pour pas manquer ta sortie!!!

· Registered
36 Posts
Re: Speeding Tickets? AnyOne Ever get 1?? (maxt)

Quote, originally posted by maxt »
Mais dis moi, j'ai jamais vu quelqun qui conduit a 140 km/h avec sa zezette, deux pneus de secours en diagonale, qui coupe a travers 3 lignes, sauf au quebec.
et puis le systeme d'autoroute sur l'ile de montreal dicte que tu dois conduire comme un malade pour pas manquer ta sortie!!!

LOL

Hard to understand you but...
You're right highways in Montreal are awefull!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.