VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I did search, for anybody that is about to post "search"

Okay. 1994 Golf 2.0 Automatic.
Well clearly the Speedometer isnt working. Shows no sign of life.
I put in a perfectly working cluster since the orgianal one was messed up, and also thought maybe circuit boards for the speedometer were messed up aswell. But that wasent the issue. Threw in the 3 prong speed sensor at the back of the tranny, no dice. I threw in another one I had laying around and same issue...didnt fix anything.
I tested the connector that connects to the speedsensor, and Im getting 11 volts to the connector, which checks in fine, as it has to be between 9-14.5 volts. So now im posting here.
Im stuck, can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Speedometer Issues (porterave)

I also have a similar problem. My '95 Jetta III the speedometer and tachometer sometimes work and sometimes they don't. I don't even know where to start or what I should replace.
I turn my car on and the Speedometer will just shake lightly on 0mph and the tachometer won't even move...

Please Help! I don't know how fast I'm going and I don't want to get pulled over. I can't tell if I'm doing 75mph or 85mph!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Speedometer Issues (tedmister2)

Quote, originally posted by tedmister2 »
try using a gps for your speed

Sadly that's what i've been doing

should i check the fuse box? Where is it located? And what's a bad cluster?

Modified by one0vakind at 10:30 AM 11-6-2007

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.