VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Spektrum Paint Program

5K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Corrado-Diesel 
#1 ·
From what I’ve read this paint program will be offered again for the Mk8 Golf R.

Has anyone heard if it will include the same 40 paint colors or if new ones will be added?

I had to replace my ‘17 GTI Sport in the fall and decided to go with a ‘19 GTI SE and wait for the next gen MK8 Golf R before getting an R. When I was looking though I came across a lot of cool old VW Corrado paint codes on ‘19 Golf Rs!

My first car was a 10 year old 1993 VW Corrado SLC (VR6) with a 5 speed manual transmission in the classic green pearl effect paint. If you aren’t familiar this is the same paint as on the last Corrado ever made (a UK market Storm edition) which sits in the Wolfsburg VW Museum.

The Great Falls Green paint on my ‘19 GTI SE is similar. I am planning on ordering a 2022 Golf R with manual transmission and in the Racing Green paint from the Spektrum program. It would be even better if I could get the Golf R in that same Corrado paint:
Classic Green Pearl Effect Paint C6U

#2 ·
VWoA **completely** botched the program for the current Golf R. Many advance orders were simply canceled, lots of very angry customers, some of whom became "would-have-been" customers.

Where are you reading that they're going to do it again for the Mk8? Linkage please.

#3 ·
I will have to look. I thought it was common knowledge here. I believe it was a VWVortex article quoting a VW of America executive stating how successful the Spektrum Program was and that it would be brought back for the next generation. It could have also been a Car and Driver or Road & Track article. I’ll have to search for it.

I don’t understand. What do you mean canceling orders? I spoke with the largest VW dealership on the West Coast recently and they do not have order forms for the MK8 Golf R available yet.

#9 · (Edited)
Okay, I wasn’t aware of this and wasn’t trying to hit a nerve.

So it seems the demand for the Spektrum Paint Program is there, but VW of America needs to execute it better next time around.

In European countries most cars are special ordered so colors are chosen by the actual customers and not the dealerships. I think it would be cool if it was brought back for the MK8. I came across an article about a 75 year old British retiree who modded his 7.5 Golf R to make 600 hp and his Golf R was in the same Great Falls Green/Peacock Green as my 7.5 GTI and this paint wasn’t even offered for the US Spektrum Paint Program.

Back when I special ordered my 2010 Golf TDI I was able to choose options without packages. There is no reason why custom paint colors shouldn’t be possible now that the GTI and Golf R 8 are being made in Wolfsburg, Germany.

#14 ·
I had a Rising Blue 2012 Golf R. I'm thinking about a 2021.
If the same Spectrum colours are offered here in Canada, in your opinion, which of them is closest to Rising Blue?
The website below has a list of the colors matched with the names from what was most recently offered in the Spektrum Program. I’d check it out.

https://www.core77.com/posts/79340/...-Offers-a-Whopping-40-Different-Color-Options

I think the standard Lapiz Blue offered on the 7.5 Golf R looked really nice in person.

I went back to old photos I took of a brand new Rising Blue 2012 Golf R I saw at a dealership while getting my MKVI serviced. It was a very unique color somewhere between baby blue and royal blue. I would say that “Deep Blue Pearl” would be most similar however “Jazz Blue” is a close second. You may also like “Prussian Blue“ as it is a light blue but has some gray in it similar to the Blue Graphite Pearl on my Golf 6.

#15 ·
White Silver?

Does anyone know if White Silver as offered on the 2018-19 GTI is available in the Spektrum program for Golf/GTI VIII cars? It seems not to have been in the MkVII Golf R Spektrum.

#16 ·
Good question. At this point we still do not know which paint colors will be available in the Spektrum program for the Golf 8R.

However we do know it was not offered last time, nor were any shades of silver paint.

In the USA Audi offers any paint Audi makes for ~$4,000 extra and Porsche offers the same for ~$8,000.

It would be nice if the Spektrum program was not limited to 40 colors but was opened up to ALL VW paint codes offered.

#22 ·
From what I’ve read this paint program will be offered again for the Mk8 Golf R.
Hey there, curious to know where you've read that. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for info regarding MK8 Spektrums too.
I read it on VW Vortex but the VW Salesmen I spoke to think the Spektrum program will offered for the 2022 Golf R as well. I posted the VW Vortex link in my 3rd post in this thread...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.