VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Spinner wheels for motorcycles (jbell)

I've seen them in action in rap videos. Impractical, yes
, but I'm sure they can be purchased somewhere.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Re: Spinner wheels for motorcycles (VW4Eva)

Quote, originally posted by VW4Eva »
I actually think they look awesome on bikes

only because they aren't *quite* as bling
i'd rock 'em, if i had a bike, and the disposable income in which to drop on spinners

·
Registered
11,732 Posts
Re: Spinner wheels for motorcycles (AndrewT)

An inquiring mind that happens to know a fair bit about motorcycles wants to know: Why would anyone want to do this?
Maybe I'm getting to be an old fart, but I don't get the purpose of installing silly-looking things that don't accomplish anything, and this is one of those ...

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Re: (nilocs)

With the bikes they aren't as pronounced and "in your face" like 26" chrome spinners on an Escalade for example. The wheels are much more obstructed as well. Plus they're aren't absurdly bigger than the stock wheels, unlike with cars and trucks
http://www.skperformance.com/W...s.htm

There was a video of them posted a while ago
Looked really cool http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
27,422 Posts

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Spinner wheels for motorcycles (MKII GTI)

Quote, originally posted by MKII GTI »
c'mon guys all he wants to know is where to get them not how you feel about them...

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I'm not a big fan of them either, but I simply wanted to know where they can be bought. Some people *cough*second post*hack/wheeze* can't comprehend a simple question.

Quote, originally posted by ujaku »
where's the animated pic of the guy in front of the spinners making circular motions?

Haha, I was thinking of that when I posted this topic

Thanks for the links guys.

·
Registered
14,392 Posts
Re: Spinner wheels for motorcycles (GoFaster)

Quote, originally posted by GoFaster »
..... but I don't get the purpose of installing silly-looking things that don't accomplish anything....

well, they accomplish looking hot to some people. that's a point

·
Registered
27,422 Posts
Re: (VW4Eva)

On the first and last wheel you can see that there is a stationary piece, but the middle one doesn't look like that. I am talking aout the truth wheel. In the picture the whole center spins.

·
Registered
14,392 Posts
Re: (spdfrek)

Quote, originally posted by spdfrek »
On the first and last wheel you can see that there is a stationary piece, but the middle one doesn't look like that. I am talking aout the truth wheel. In the picture the whole center spins.

i'm sure the hub in the very center stays still, while the rim spins around that. you can't really tell from that pic, but something has to be staying still.....or maybe it's the front wheel.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts