VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 505 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, thought I'd get this started.
Most of the locals know about this already so this is for everyone else.
The Cruise:
When: April 2nd, meet up at the Spokane Valley Mall at 11am.
Where: Cruise around Lake Coeur D’Alene. More details on the cruise are further down in this thread.

The BBQ & GTG
When: April 3rd 10am-3pm.
Where: Spokane, Mission Park parking lot.
Who: Anybody with a love for European cars and cheap BBQ.
What to bring: Your car (washed, waxed, detailed, etc.), yourself, some donation money for food (not required but would be nice), or some non perishable food (canned, dried, etc.) as a donation to Second Harvest food bank.
Here is a link to the site for the Cruise and Show
See you there!

Modified by NWDub'n337 at 10:44 PM 2-7-2005

·
Registered
759 Posts
Re: Spokane 2nd Annual Spring BBQ Euro Show & Shine April 3rd (NWDub'n337)

how big is it? any pics from last year? anyone from this side going to go?

·
Banned
1,485 Posts
Re: Spokane 2nd Annual Spring BBQ Euro Show & Shine April 3rd (BimmerBalla14)

My car sucks, but I go over to spokane every once in a while. Maybe a cruise?

·
Registered
35,138 Posts
Re: Spokane 2nd Annual Spring BBQ Euro Show & Shine April 3rd (themonkeymobster)

We estimate that we had 50-75 totals cars that showed up over the course of the day last year. If you would like to see pics, go to http://www.eurotunedcomposites.com and click on "April 05 GTG". All the pics are from last year's event. It is pretty bandwidth intensive though, so non-broadband folks may not want to try it.

Modified by Arsigi at 11:03 AM 2-3-2005

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Re: Spokane 2nd Annual Spring BBQ Euro Show & Shine April 3rd (Arsigi)

Yeah, last year was easily the largest grouping of VW's in Spokane I have ever seen.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
As a side thing, I was thinking of taking off my "speed hole" hood, and having all who attend sign it as a neat momento, unless someone else has a better idea what to do with it, or do something similar.
Most definatly looking forward to this again

I'll look for some pics later, I think I know where some might be.

Modified by neuo at 11:22 AM 2-3-2005

·
Registered
680 Posts
Re: Spokane 2nd Annual Spring BBQ Euro Show & Shine April 3rd (neuo)

Oh Crap!!! I'm leaving for Jamaica on the 2nd...R u guys gonna do the cruise again. It seemed to be a hit last year. Well, you guys have fun this year, and hopefully the weather will hold out like last year

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Spokane 2nd Annual Spring BBQ Euro Show & Shine April 3rd (corrado-vr6)

You bet we can do a cruise! Last year we did it the day before, partied that night then had the show & shine the next day to recover.
It was a blast!

·
Registered
247 Posts

last years GTG was great, lots of cool cars, not just VWs either. as far as a cruise, im deffinatly down for that, any other ideas for activitys, last year we did a full weekends worth of things. i think it went drags, cruise then show and shine. just thought i would throw that out there.

Modified by db_boy at 9:26 PM 2-3-2005

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Re: Spokane 2nd Annual Spring BBQ Euro Show & Shine April 3rd (db_boy)

Friday night drags don't start till May though, so no go on the drags http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
306 Posts

I will be there for sure. The cruise was awesome last year. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
35,138 Posts

Quote, originally posted by corrado-vr6 »
Oh Crap!!! I'm leaving for Jamaica on the 2nd...

Jamaica?!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Re: Spokane 2nd Annual Spring BBQ Euro Show & Shine April 3rd (Arsigi)

Quote, originally posted by Arsigi »

Jamaica?!

You bet Ron, SPRING BREAK!!!!!!

you know, drinking, naked chics, drinking,.....

·
Registered
1,712 Posts

bump to the top http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
247 Posts

is the cruise route going to be the same? once again just another idea to think about. BUMP

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Spokane 2nd Annual Spring BBQ Euro Show & Shine April 3rd (db_boy)

The cruise will pretty much be the same as last year with the addition of that section that we did toward the end of last year.
I'm heading out that way today to check it out.
There was some construction that was started late last year and I want to make sure that it's all done before settling on that route for the cruise.
I'll keep you all posted!

·
Registered
5,725 Posts

Sweetness, were down! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
135 Posts
Re: Spokane 2nd Annual Spring BBQ Euro Show & Shine April 3rd (thetwodubheads)

if i get my but in gear and get the swap done ill be there if not ill take one of jons cars.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Spokane 2nd Annual Spring BBQ Euro Show & Shine April 3rd (90 Black Jetta)

I drove the cruise route yesterday. The construction at the Wolfs lodge exit isn't completely done but you can cross the bridge now.
So the cruise is on!
The plan: Meet up at the Spokane Valley Mall around 11AM. We'll want to start up ASAP so that traffic is light and we'll have plenty of time to do the cruise. Make sure you have plenty of gas. There is a gas station about halfway through the route but its spendy. So fill up in town where it's cheaper. Also we'll discuss the ground rules and choose what channel to be on with our hand radios.
The route out: Well leave the Spokane Valley Mall and head East on I-90, go through Coeur D’Alene and take the Wolf Lodge Bay exit. I think it's exit 22. The road is I97.
Here is a map:

We'll gather again for a quick photo shoot in the parking area just off the exit to the right. For those that've done this before you know the place! Help the noobs out.
Lunch: This is up for discussion. We ate at a restaurant in Harrison (I think that's where it was). It was good but there were other places there that we could eat. I say stick with the restaurant. We can call ahead and make sure they have room for us!
The route back: We'll leave the restaurant and continue on 97 until it junctions with 3. From there we have a choice. Go north on 3 or South.
North takes back to I90. South takes us to St. Marie's. But we don't have to go that far. A detour will hook us up with 5 East and through some really nice twisties.
GTG after? Afterward I'm personally tired. It'll be mid to late afternoon by the time we're done. The sun will be coming down and in our eyes on the way back so wear your sunglasses! If you're up for a GTG afterward I'm down for that. Beer would be really good by this time.
Some other things to consider: I mentioned hand radios. This is so we can all talk while on the cruise. The group can get pretty spread out so they come in handy. Also, if your suspension isn't all that great and don't kid yourself, there are some spots on the way that are over cliffs and the drop is killer. Literally. So, lets keep the speeds reasonable and within your car and your ability. I'm not pulling your car out of the lake or some ravine! Let alone how do we explain it to your Mom, wife, husband, or kids!
Point being, keep it safe. That way we can all have fun, the police won't have any reason to harrass us, and we'll all be able to do it again next year!

Modified by NWDub'n337 at 11:35 AM 2-6-2005

Modified by NWDub'n337 at 11:35 AM 2-6-2005

1 - 20 of 505 Posts