VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been away from the Vortex for a while (many things going on with home and work). Looking back at archived and recent topics I see that there is a lack of recent activity from the Spokane area. I was hoping to start planning for an upcoming GTG when the weather starts to get nice - early April perhaps? I just wanted to see who was still in the area and who would be interested in hanging out. I also want to get some ideas for a gathering - anything from meeting at a pub to running some laps at Nascart, a track day at SRP, a car cruise whatever - just shoot some ideas my way. Obviously I want to start planning this early in hopes of a respectable turnout - unfortunately we don't have many Vortexers in the area and it is hard to set up a GTG on a whim. Anyways I want some input. Hopefully we can put something together that is enjoyable for everyone.
Chad

·
Registered
386 Posts
Re: Spokane area - time for another thread and possible GTG (BIZ77)

I'll have to check my calendar, but early April sounds about right. I'll drive a couple hours south for a good GTG. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: Spokane area - time for another thread and possible GTG (wHiTeGti)

I had a small gtg here last summer. Everyone is always welcome to have events at my house. I have good parking and a nice rec. room for entertaining. I havent been on here much latley but I just got another bunny so the addiction is taking over again. Doesnt need to be a big thing either, we can always just have a few guys over to b.s. and shoot pool. If anyone wants give me a call to set something up.
Scott.
218-3210

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Re: Spokane area - time for another thread and possible GTG (turbogti20)

i'm down. i havent been to a gtg, since, well, the only one i went to a while ago! just a date is all i need so i can plan around it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Spokane area - time for another thread and possible GTG (whiteboy1)

Great, I'm glad to see some interest. If anyone has any specific suggestions on what they would like to do please let me know. I would also like to know what days of the week will work for everyone. It sounds like many of you will be making a 100-mile trip or more to get to here. Is Saturday the prime day or Sunday? Do we want to meet day or evening?

·
Registered
3,344 Posts

I'm interested as well...
Please keep me posted, sat or sun is fine with me.
I'm glad to see there is someone else around the Spokane area that has a 99+ GTI, I was beginning to think I was the only one
Chris

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Re: Spokane area - time for another thread and possible GTG (corrado-vr6)

how bout we meet on a saturday afternoon, then head to State Line that nite, then back to scotts place! ahhahaaa

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I was hoping for something more *car* related and less *naked women* related, but hey whatever floats your boat! As for a date I'm looking tentatively at the second weekend in April. As for an event I'm always up for some drag racing out at SRP. I would like to do a Saturday afternoon/evening event, but unfortuneately they don't start up until the 3rd of May. If we decide to do this in May I would like to meet up somewhere for a late lunch around 1:30 and then head out to the track via VW convoy to do some racing, which we could follow up by visiting some of Downtown Spokane's finest watering holes. Tell me what you think. If you guys want to do something else put the ideas out there, but try to keep them *car* related

·
Registered
386 Posts

Some of us have families, so we can't just visit watering holes either. See how many cars we can get and maybe have some car games like a scavenger hunt,or slow races, stuff like that. Go on a cruise somewhere, see the sights. Have a good sized BBQ. Just throwing out some other ideas.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Re: Spokane area - time for another thread and possible GTG (96wagon)

yea, i was just throwin out a silly idea. i am more than willing to go to a track and poop. i wont be racin cause my car is slow as hell but it should be fun!

·
Registered
251 Posts

I'm in Seattle at the moment, I would probably come back for something like this. I have some friends that would probably come that don't check this board. Once you decide on something I'll try to clear the weekend.

·
Registered
11,729 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]yea, i was just throwin out a silly idea. i am more than willing to go to a track and poop. i wont be racin cause my car is slow as hell but it should be fun![HR][/HR]​
hehe my car is slow to, well probably slower its an 8v http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
680 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I was hoping for something more *car* related and less *naked women* related, but hey whatever floats your boat! As for a date I'm looking tentatively at the second weekend in April. As for an event I'm always up for some drag racing out at SRP. I would like to do a Saturday afternoon/evening event, but unfortuneately they don't start up until the 3rd of May. If we decide to do this in May I would like to meet up somewhere for a late lunch around 1:30 and then head out to the track via VW convoy to do some racing, which we could follow up by visiting some of Downtown Spokane's finest watering holes. Tell me what you think. If you guys want to do something else put the ideas out there, but try to keep them *car* related
[HR][/HR]​

Drag racing would be great, but we should start early and have like a show and shine type deal with a BBQ, then we can take a cruise out to SRP, do some good old fashion draggin', then have some kind of after party. Might as well make it an all day thing, especially for those of us who are traveling a greater distance... Just my $.02
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Spokane area - time for another thread and possible GTG (Bling Bling Racing)

I didn't see anything for an autocross event according to SRP's website: http://www.spokaneracewaypark.com/calendar/index.html. It looks as if their first track event is the 22nd of March. I would love to do some sort of track event, whether it be straight line or road course, but we must consider the cost. I'm not sure how much it costs to run the road course, but I know the drag races are $22 car and driver ($35 if you want to race for cash.) Spectators pay $12 per person to get in on pit side. Perhaps if we have enough people we can get some kind of a discount. Someone mentioned a barbeque and I would really like to do that - any ideas on where to have it?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: Spokane area - time for another thread and possible GTG (roccostud)

We should have the bbq part of the gtg at my place. Lots of parking and a nice shop for pre-track tunning. Plus I have a nice rec. room with a pool table, foose ball, darts, wet bar ect. for us to play and ********. I know of atleast 4 or 5 other guys who will be comming. Let me know what you guys wanna do.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.