VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Who's planning on going tonight? Do we all want to meet up at SFCC again at 7pm? Weather looks good so far, but we should all get together still if the races are rained out ...

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Re: Spokane: Friday Night Racing (5/21) and GTG (GTI20thAE)

V - Are you nuts? Have you looked outside lately? T-storms galore. I think the track will be closed.
I might be up for the GTG. Your place or somewhere else?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Re: Spokane: Friday Night Racing (Uberhare)

shoot, I'll do the drags even if it's rainging! got quattro?
(too bad the track will be closed if it's thunderstorming).

·
Registered
35,138 Posts
Re: Spokane: Friday Night Racing (gary_phd)

I'd be willing to show up... I may not have racing tires, but what I do have performs quite well in the rain. I'll take any advantage I can.

I'll call the track and see if they've decided on cancelling the drags...
I just called... they did call off the "high school drags" and normal drags today due to lightning... but they do intend to have the Friday Night Street Racing as of right this moment. Subject to change though.
We could luck out - a lot of people will probably not show up, and provided they do run tonight we would get a ton of runs...

Modified by Arsigi at 4:14 PM 5-21-2004

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Spokane: Friday Night Racing (Arsigi)

I hear the track will stay open, but I won't be caught dead standing outside in the rain. I won't be running if its wet, my tires are bald enough, I'd like to be able to stop.
Everyone is welcome at my place tonight, but its definatly BYOB (bring your own beer) cuz Karen and I are poor chicks. Let me know if you guys want to come over...

·
Registered
35,138 Posts

I'd be willing to show up... I may not have racing tires, but what I do have performs quite well in the rain. I'll take any advantage I can.

I'll call the track and see if they've decided on cancelling the drags...
I just called... they did call off the "high school drags" and normal drags today due to lightning... but they do intend to have the Friday Night Street Racing as of right this moment. Subject to change though.
We could luck out - a lot of people will probably not show up, and provided they do run tonight we would get a ton of runs...

Modified by Arsigi at 4:35 PM 5-21-2004

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Re: Spokane: Friday Night Racing (Arsigi)

FYI, there are tornados in Airway Hights.....Antie M.
LOL
Be careful out there people.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Re: Spokane: Friday Night Racing (Uberhare)

Guess I won't race tonight...damn, I've got 9 gals of toluene added to my tank for a nice 104 oct
Oh well.

·
Registered
35,138 Posts

Quote, originally posted by gary_phd »
Guess I won't race tonight...damn, I've got 9 gals of toluene added to my tank for a nice 104 oct
Oh well.

Hopefully you chose a better gas station this time!

Wonder how my post got duplicated up there... odd. Vortex gremlins have had it in for me today.
Looks like it is clearing up though. But oh well. Next week!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

well, everyone feel free to stop by and we can have a small GTG at my place...

·
Registered
1990 VW Corrado, 2002 Audi allroad, 2017 VW eGolf
7,458 Posts
Re: Spokane: Friday Night Racing (GTI20thAE)

i probably won't make it tonight. i'm beat after spending all day in the lab at school. and with the tornado warning and all that i think i'll stay home tonight. everyone drink a
for me. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts