VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday I went to the tigers blue jays game in detroit. It was totally on a whim. It's about 3 1/2 hour drive from toronto and after driving there, eating a foot long chili cheese dog, a pretzel, a 32 ounce beer and swallowing a bue jays sloppy loss to a inferior team I headed off for home. About an hour and a half into the drive I was following a sunfire in fronto of me when for what ever reason he decided it would be a good idea to runn over a full tractor trailer tire tread in the road. I wasn't far behind him and travelling at about 140KM/h (i know, i know). I t was also about 12 and I was pretty fatigued from the day. I just instantly got two hands back on the wheel and did my evasive driving move and the jetta she tracked like a champ. My friend riding shotgun was crapping himself. He was like if we did that in my civic we'd be in the rubarb. I was so happy with my car. For the next 2 hours I was loving it. Then I dropped my friend off. Then I had ANOTHER COIL PACK FAILURE and had to limp the car home. I guess you can't have good without the bad.

·
Banned
14,183 Posts
Re: sport suspension and long beaches prove their metal (sssnice)

Quote, originally posted by sssnice »
I just instantly got two hands back on the wheel and did my evasive driving move and the jetta she tracked like a champ.

You should always have two hands on the wheel at all time.

The Jetta isnt' really known for it's quick amazing handling so it was probalby just luck.

·
Banned
4,012 Posts
Re: sport suspension and long beaches prove their metal (hawc)

Quote, originally posted by hawc »

You should always have two hands on the wheel at all time.

The Jetta isnt' really known for it's quick amazing handling so it was probalby just luck.

Allow me to correct that for you:
Quote, originally posted by hawc, but corrected by trh »
The MKIV isnt' really known for it's quick amazing handling so it was probalby just luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts