VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone elaborate on this for me, I wanted a black 2.0T passat wagon with the sport suspension package, but my dealer is telling me it isn't available. You can only get it on the 3.6l cars. If this is true why does VW want to do this to me?, the 3.6l 4motion is out of my reach financially right now.
Does anyone know if this will change anytime soon?, please help, and VW if you are listening this is the only thing holding me back from buying.

· Registered
25 Posts
Re: Sport suspension not available in the 2.0T in Canada??? (mortician79)

No sport suspension for Canadians. However, that much being said, I'm not entirely sure that a sport suspension would be all that beneficial. I find the Passat a fine handling car -- but that's it -- fine. It's just too big, the steering too disconnected to be a true sports sedan. If that's what you looking for, get a Jetta GLI, or a Mazda 6. If you are looking for a more luxury ride, the standard suspension setup is fine -- just fine.

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Sport suspension not available in the 2.0T in Canada??? (StephenJMak)

Well i am looking for a little bit lower look, instead of going aftermarket, and I also like the 18" wheels that came with the package.

· Registered
7,158 Posts

From what i understand the 2.0T sedans now have the sport pkg.. the wagons wont have them for the 2.0T for at least another 2 months or so from what i know..
make sure u sit in the Sport seats and see if you like them.. because some people on here say they dont like them.. to be honest a suspension drop isnt that much.. about a finger or 15mm if you want to get technical..
also, to get the sport pakage you first have to get the luxury package.. then the sport.. fyi.
Not sure why the GLI has better steering since they share the same set up.. all passat, golfs, GTIS.. with the new motor steering can be adjusted with Vagcom so that it assits you at higher speeds.. i plan to set mine to the lowest. The passat should hold its own with the GLI.. especially since the 2.0T MT weighs less than a GLI.. well base for base.
One thing i will say.. i hate.. i mean hate the stock tires on the Passat sport pkg.. i had a 04 gli which came with one of the best sport tires out there stock.. these were about 190 bucks each.. they were great and were summer sport tires.. the passat tires i have now.. are all seoson.. cant great for S*&^*( .. i might get new tires sooner than i thought.

if you dont want the seats.. or the 3 spoke steering wheel.. i say get some after markets springs and tires.. better than the OEM. I had to have the seats and steering wheel.. suspension and wheels can always be done later.

JT

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Sport suspension not available in the 2.0T in Canada??? (x9t)

Quote, originally posted by x9t »
From what i understand the 2.0T sedans now have the sport pkg.. the wagons wont have them for the 2.0T for at least another 2 months or so from what i know..
make sure u sit in the Sport seats and see if you like them.. because some people on here say they dont like them.. to be honest a suspension drop isnt that much.. about a finger or 15mm if you want to get technical..
also, to get the sport pakage you first have to get the luxury package.. then the sport.. fyi.
Not sure why the GLI has better steering since they share the same set up.. all passat, golfs, GTIS.. with the new motor steering can be adjusted with Vagcom so that it assits you at higher speeds.. i plan to set mine to the lowest. The passat should hold its own with the GLI.. especially since the 2.0T MT weighs less than a GLI.. well base for base.
One thing i will say.. i hate.. i mean hate the stock tires on the Passat sport pkg.. i had a 04 gli which came with one of the best sport tires out there stock.. these were about 190 bucks each.. they were great and were summer sport tires.. the passat tires i have now.. are all seoson.. cant great for S*&^*( .. i might get new tires sooner than i thought.

if you dont want the seats.. or the 3 spoke steering wheel.. i say get some after markets springs and tires.. better than the OEM. I had to have the seats and steering wheel.. suspension and wheels can always be done later.

JT

Thanks for your reply, it makes me think a lot about my decision. I really like the 3 spoke wheel, the drop can be done later i guess, we'll see.

· Registered
893 Posts

I have the Sport Package on my 2.0t and I can tell you first hand that the springs suck! The wheels look great but the springs really suck! They are way too harsh and are not at all tuned to the chassis. I would recommend a set of coilovers as mentioned elsewhere on this forum. Say, did I mention that the springs really suck?
Regards, http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (StephenJMak)

Quote, originally posted by StephenJMak »
If you're looking for the 3 spoke wheel, it comes with the leather luxury package in Canada. and it has audio controls.

I didn't know that, well this makes me a little excited.

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Sport suspension not available in the 2.0T in Canada??? (Digital Dude)

Quote, originally posted by Digital Dude »
I have the Sport Package on my 2.0t and I can tell you first hand that the springs suck! The wheels look great but the springs really suck! They are way too harsh and are not at all tuned to the chassis. I would recommend a set of coilovers as mentioned elsewhere on this forum. Say, did I mention that the springs really suck?
Regards, http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

I appreciate your imput, thank you. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.