VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
23,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I will now bore the Car Lounge with my un-interesting spotting. I work in the same building as the Philippine Consulate and see all kinds of semi-interesting cars (read: W220 S350 and Euro-spec E46 sedan, complete with Autohaus BMW Quezon City dealer stickers and tiny third-world wheels with not-so-low profile tires). Today, this one caught my eye as it was parking (I noticed the marker lights first), so I went to check it out.
First of all, it's badged Chrysler, not Plymouth. Note sidemarkers and Chrysler Voyager side sticker.

Note bumper drilled for Euro plate (this thing is mad tyTe eUro, y0!)

Note euro-spec tails (with orange turn signals):

This thing must have done embassy/consular duties in Switzerland, judging by the sticker and Swiss auto club (?) decal.
And the best part for you Mopar van lovers:

Stick! Seemed like a pretty high trim level, too... Wonder what engine powers this thing (diesel for uberEuro-TCL-madness?)...
Amazing that the Philippine government kept this thing around so long as most of their vans are nearly new Siennas.
That is all... I'm done sharing now...

·
Registered
23,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Spotted: Euro-spec... Chrysler Voyager? Eh? (preview099)

I thought it was visible, but I guess it's like one of those pictures where you stare at it for hours before realizing what it is (and then think everyone else is an idiot for not seeing it). Pardon the window glare, look just to the right of the center. You will see that there is a manual gear shift.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: Spotted: Euro-spec... Chrysler Voyager? Eh? (VadGTI)

Cool. Voyagers, and Grand Voyagers were also branded as Chryslers in Canada a while back.
We also had Chrysler Neons and Chrysler Intrepids.
I'm not sure why.

·
Registered
23,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Spotted: Euro-spec... Chrysler Voyager? Eh? (nm+)

Quote, originally posted by nm+ »
I think I have that exact tie.
Nordstrom?

Girlfriend got it for me. Not sure, but it says "Robert Talbott" on the tag. Go check yours

·
Registered
21,177 Posts
Re: Spotted: Euro-spec... Chrysler Voyager? Eh? (VadGTI)

Quote, originally posted by VadGTI »

Girlfriend got it for me. Not sure, but it says "Robert Talbott" on the tag. Go check yours

Thats a nordstrom quasi house brand

Modified by nm+ at 7:42 PM 6-17-2009

·
Registered
754 Posts
Re: Spotted: Euro-spec... Chrysler Voyager? Eh? (preview099)

Quote, originally posted by preview099 »

I seriously just put my hand up to the monitor to block the reflections and take a look into the car. Fail

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Too bad the consulate doesn't have one of these.

It's got air conditioning! That's crazy!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
It does have diplomat plates so it is not that surprising (which they recently changed the design I might add)

I see a lot of things like that around here because of my proximity to Washington DC. Everything from a Nissan Micra to a Jeep Cherokee Diesel
Still a cool find!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.