VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
21,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spotted some covered SEATs near my office today (yes, working through the weekend), went over and snapped some pics. They turned 6th St. into Europe, complete with plants, a newspaper box, signs, a moped and an "internet cafe" (actually a Korean-owned Jewish deli named Yorkshire Grill... Yes, it's good :D).

I asked the crew guys if they had anything to do with the Audi and they said that it was a totally separate shoot, coincidentally happening on the same block and using the same camera car company.

Came back two hours later and the SEAT shoot was in progress. Snapped pics before they yelled at me.
On to the pics (they get less crappy below):

Cayenne camera car with TTS chasing.

Moped! News box! Must be Europe!

Note stret signs behind the bushes:

Covered SEAT

Uncovered wheel:

Another one:

TTS drives by again, chasing a Cayenne camera car:

Another Cayenne camera car and crew:

Went back two hours later to find one unlocked next to a water tanker (all car commercials look better with slick streets):

Interior (this one was on, sounded diesel-like):

Another flying by while being filmed:

GOOD PICS OF CARS EDITED UNTIL BRENDA PRIDDY GETS BACK TO ME :D

This is where I was yelled at.

Camera car:

Street camera crane:

Walking back, I guess they were upset about me taking pics of the interior as they closed the door and covered the car again:

·
Registered
21,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, the red thing seems to be a SEAT Leon, which is not out yet. If I am correct and I find these pics elsewhere, I'll sue all ya'll :p. Now pay me!

·
Registered
12 Golf 2.5, 99.5 Cabrio GLS
48,007 Posts
Awesome! I never find anything cool like preproduction cars or commercials being filmed. i guess it comes with living in a boring section of the country, lol.

·
Registered
1999 MKIII GOLF Mi, 2018 Sentra Nismo
3,766 Posts
They already did the refresh on the ibiza? I thought they just did one like 2 years ago or something

·
Registered
21,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I believe these are the very first photos of the refreshed Ibiza!

Nice shots Vad :thumbup:
Sweet! Off to Brenda Priddy they go :p.

·
Registered
25,227 Posts
I wonder why they would bring them here and make fake euro street scene
Because most of the commercials you see on TV are shot here. LA has varied streetscape that can double as any place on earth. And we have the infrastructure to support a weekend shoot. Where else in the world are you going to find a camera rig car, 150 technical guys, lots of unemployed directors, and a cooperative city Govt that will allow you to shoot the whole thing in 12 hours on Sunday?

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
22,659 Posts
Because most of the commercials you see on TV are shot here. LA has varied streetscape that can double as any place on earth. And we have the infrastructure to support a weekend shoot. Where else in the world are you going to find a camera rig car, 150 technical guys, lots of unemployed directors, and a cooperative city Govt that will allow you to shoot the whole thing in 12 hours on Sunday?
South Africa. True story.

·
Registered
21,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Brenda Priddy is checking on these so I'm editing the original post and pulling the red car out until she gets back to me :D.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts