VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of results would you get from spraying notrous on the OUTSIDE of your intercooler ? it comes out very cold and would be very easy to just hook up a purge valve to spray over the front of it. i think it will work but my car will not be done for a month or so. has anyone ever tried this? and if so what were your results? has to be better than water misters that some ralley cars use.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Re: spraying n2o ON your intercooler (VEEDUBALLSTARS)

I think it would work well for short runs, but it would get pricy if used everyday. BTW you could use just CO2 instead of N2O, it will have the same effect but its way cheaper.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts

NX sells an IC mister kit.. and they say you can run CO2 through it.. looks great I think they claimed about a 48HP increase.. SO I would say a good 25-30HP

·
Registered
11,423 Posts

From what I've heard, I think its bad to spray N20 on the intercooler BECAUSE of the fact it is so cold...Since it comes out that cold, it has the possiblity to "freeze" the fins of the IC, and cause them to crack eventually....I would look into spraying cold water or something similar...Anything as cold as N20 might crack the fins of the IC, and that would be http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: spraying n2o ON your intercooler (H2oVento)

quote:[HR][/HR]NX sells an IC mister kit.. and they say you can run CO2 through it.. looks great I think they claimed about a 48HP increase.. SO I would say a good 25-30HP[HR][/HR]​
25-30 hp is strong if you ask me(not saying that your wrong) but man i`ll give it a shot as soon as i get her together. do you know there web address? or the price of the set-up?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: spraying n2o ON your intercooler (Fsmith010)

there was a girl at the vw show-n-go this weekend who was driving a mk1 gti with an 8v/turbo set-up who had no intercooler at all just a tube going from the turbo outlet straight to the intake manifold. now i know that in a drag application your not going to build up alot of heat under the hood but what if you made a way to spray that peice of tubing going from the turbo to the intake with CO2. does any one think you could make up the lack of intercooler with this set-up because i`m sure that the lack of intercooler and very short pipe means immeadete turbo spool, but at the same time it could be a little down on power from having no intercooler. i`m just trying to find the best set-up i possible can for my mk1 i`ve seen lots of car make 200-250hp now i`m just trying to see what i can do to get passed that mark, and that means i gotta start to get cerative. thanks for all the help. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
647 Posts

I read an article somewhere online where they tested this on a supra. It only yielded a few horsepower. They didn't think it was worth the touble.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.