VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys What Springrate(s) does H&R run their tendersprings on their coilovers?
Im trying to get ideas about what tender-springrate combination to add to my 400/350 groundcontrol setup.

Modified by Mbiggy at 12:26 AM 2-13-2004

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Re: Spring rate on H&R coilovers (Mbiggy)

If I recall it was 50lb. Don't hold me to it, but I recall reading it somewhere.
The tender spring is just there to keep the main spring in tension while the suspension is at full droop. Under compression it is at coil bind. Therefore it does not affect rate.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Spring rate on H&R coilovers (Big Fundamental)

yes I know... this is why I want to add them to my current setup.... BUT, I have no Idea what spring rate I should be running. I know that Eibach makes a collar and tenderspring that will work perfect with my current springs, it's just a matter of figuring out which springs to order.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts

You probably know already; but as a point of reference, H&R coils for the Mk2 run 400ft/285rr. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Spring rate on H&R coilovers (Big Fundamental)

right... but what is the spring rate of the tendersprings they run in combination with those coils?

·
Registered
4,303 Posts

Not sure if the helper springs between manufacturer's differ a whole bunch, but I'm sure if you called FK they would have a good idea. They seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about spring rates when I called...

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Spring rate on H&R coilovers (VWsuperhero)

bump if anyone knows the springrate combos of other coilovers w/ helper/tendersprings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts