VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know there have been some similar posts to mine but i feel i have other issues that may affect the situation.
My car is a 2001 AWW gti running an autothority chip, neuspeed inlet pipe, evo cai, tt 2.5 tb, hyperboost hx dv.
Anyhoo, here's the deal. On my way home from school in Utah, as i was almost home in VA, my car went into limp. When i restarted it and began to drive it sputtered in pretty much every gear at low rpm, if i stayed on the gas it would catch and take off. At the time i was running a bov, i figured that was making my car run rich. So i switched it for a hyperboost hx diverter, it ran ok for a day but started acting up again. Sometimes my car goes into limp for a while, even if i restart it, sometimes it idles awfully, sputtering and jumping at (timed) intervals, and sometimes it runs perfectly fine. Usually it will start acting up if i drive it hard. Before i removed my bov i got codes 17545 bank 1 too rich
p1200 wastegate code unknown component
p1297 connection to turbocharger - boost pressure loss
from a local shop. he said i needed to get my chip remapped, since i did all my modifications after a chip. do i have a bad MAF? i took it out and cleaned it and at first it was black but then it was all shiny. bad o2 sensors? wouldn't that trip a code? it feels like my car might not be getting the right amount of fuel? is that a fpr issue or fuel injectors? could the atmosphere pressure change be the culprit?
PLEASE HELP
before i take my car in to have hundreds of dollars of work done to it, i would appreciate if someone could enlighten me on what's going on...

·
Registered
747 Posts
Re: sputtering, rough idle, rich? MAF? o2? fuel injectors? (unclespoon)

Wish i saw your post before. I just had this problem tonight except my car isn't as modified as yours and it doesn't get better if i find out anything ill post it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
any news?
Hi,seems that the Issue is complex.
First :Check gasoline, if is any water on it (try Motul fuel additive )
You can check the Crank positioning sensor, and the RPM sensor on the camshaft
Also check the Sparg plug to see wich cilynder is runing to rich (wet spark-plug).
Erase memory to zero, and check again.
Hope that will help You.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hi,seems that the Issue is complex.
First :Check gasoline, if is any water on it (try Motul fuel additive )
You can check the Crank positioning sensor, and the RPM sensor on the camshaft
Also check the Sparg plug to see wich cilynder is runing to rich (wet spark-plug).
Erase memory to zero, and check again.
Hope that will help You.
Good job searching, but that post is over 8 years old. I assume he fixed his problem :laugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts