VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,474 Posts
Re: (T-Red Wolfs1.8T)

This will be fascinating to see. No doubt Hyundai has the potential to come up with a world-beating luxury sedan given its recent progress, not to mention provide a worthy competitor for the Ssangyong Chairman. Furthermore I think most manufacturers would realise that RWD is better for credibility in this market, though that's only my opinion.

·
Registered
12,037 Posts
Re: Spyshots: 2008 Hyundai BH Sedan (pilot2005)

Quote, originally posted by pilot2005 »
They should focus on making the XG300 a better car and marketing it

Unless I'm mistaken, this car is a different model and is larger than the FWD Azera, which will replace the XG.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Re: Spyshots: 2008 Hyundai BH Sedan (haydar)

Quote, originally posted by haydar »
they have carrefour in Korea ? wow..

They've got them in China, too.
It'll be interesting to see how Hyundai's foray into this particular automotive niche plays out. I wish them luck - they're really on a roll right now, but I think this is really moving into a market they've never competed in before.

·
Registered
42,969 Posts
Re: Spyshots: 2008 Hyundai BH Sedan (SpeedRicer)

Quote, originally posted by SpeedRicer »
Unless I'm mistaken, this car is a different model and is larger than the FWD Azera, which will replace the XG.

Bingo. It sounds like this might replace the Hyundai Equus in the home market which at the moment is just a rehashed old Mitsubishi Debonair... and introduce Hyundai to a higher-end market abroad.

·
Registered
15,474 Posts
Re: Spyshots: 2008 Hyundai BH Sedan (The Chemist)

Quote, originally posted by The Chemist »

They've got them in China, too.
It'll be interesting to see how Hyundai's foray into this particular automotive niche plays out. I wish them luck - they're really on a roll right now, but I think this is really moving into a market they've never competed in before.

If the Japanese can successfully build luxury cars and have done so for decades, it'd be foolish to think the Koreans aren't capable of matching them in this department. And their products get better with every generation. For instance, the Grandeur/XG proved a very pleasant surprise when it came out with an excellent V6 engine/auto tranny combo and a very classy interior which shamed just about anything M-B puts out these days- but it was seen as lacking the ultimate dynamic polish. The flaws get sorted out with each successive generation, and hence soon enough they will be able to match the best Europe and Japan has to offer in every way.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Re: Spyshots: 2008 Hyundai BH Sedan (TheMadChigga)

Quote, originally posted by TheMadChigga »
I like the shape, I hope the centre console would be better than one in Sonata, the new Sonata's centre console killed the interior IMO.

x2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.