VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote »
Here for the first time are prototype shots showing the open-air version of Bentley's top-seller, the Continental GT Coupe. It was caught during hot-weather testing in California.

The British luxury carmaker Bentley - owned by Volkswagen since 1998 - has been very successful in particular with the GT Coupe. The factory in Crewe had to increase the number of employees continuously to meet the demand. The waiting list in the United States is so long that customers will wait over a year and a half before they take delivery.

The convertible's launch is scheduled for 2006. Rumours had it that - because of the strong sales of the hardtop version - it could be delayed for some time due to capacity problems, but the ready-for-production-look of this prototype hints they're close to the original schedule.

The new GT Convertible is reminiscent of the legendary Bentley T Drophead Coupe that came on the market back in 1971. It should be the world's most powerful and fastest four-seat convertible ever.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Re: (racerx138)

Quote, originally posted by racerx138 »
duct tape rules.
And something about that particular car makes me think this is the way the Charger should have looked. Maybe its that slightly sloped magnumish nose, oh and 2-doors.

Yeah... I was thinking it has a definite Dodge look to it!

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Re: SPYshots:Bentley continental GT Cabrio (Son of a B...5er!)

ok i was gonna say is it just me or does that camo'ed bentley look like a charger.
on the other hand - is that.. a Gold interior?
Quote, originally posted by vajetta »

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.