VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought I would throw some semi new pics up, as I haven't done so in a while.
I sold my Smoked HID rallyes to Badasslilgti, and threw on the small squares (H4 - relayed) I had in my basement:

I am now running my 16x7.5 4x100 bbs rs I built with 195/15/16 toyo T1-S. I had a few pics up of these before, but they were just test fit before rolling the fenders, so I got flack for backwards tires

I got my new tails installed. I wasn't sure at first, but now I like the way they look. I needed a new panel in the back, as mine broke this winter, so I figured I would replace the tails at the same time (since these require a new panel that is different anyway)

Nothing really new in this shot, just thought I would toss it in there (still have a black carpet to swap over, just been to lazy to do so):

Then I cut out the panel behind the rear seat and sourced a 60/40 GTI 16v seat from a local coupe guy (along with the brackets to mount on the rear towers):

Well, then I decided, that doesn't quite look right, but I do like the split/folding rear seat in the coupe, rather than the standard non-folding seat (had a trophy rear in there before this). Time to think back to home-ec class. Tore apart both the trophy rear and the 60/40 rear and threw them together, giving me a 60/40 trophy rear seat:

Before and after shot

I didn't take a pic of the complete rear seat yet (g/f has my camera at work)
Hmmmmmmm, small bumps or color matched bigs..........

Modified by blubayou at 12:03 PM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Re: square, chinese, fabric, modular (astrodub)

lookin good dude http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif ive always wondered about somthing and nows a good time to ask...i have trophys in my gti along with a matching back seat....but mine was 60/40 when i got it out of the donor car?? did they make some of them 60/40 OEM?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Re: square, chinese, fabric, modular (astrodub)

Thats hot! I need to redo my damn carpet, too (my first redo job sucks). I really like the tail lights and have been thinking about getting em for mine for a while, but couldnt decide and got the red/clears but, seeing your car makes me kinda regret doing that. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: square, chinese, fabric, modular (DuBsBrO)

none
Quote, originally posted by DuBsBrO »
lookin good dude http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif ive always wondered about somthing and nows a good time to ask...i have trophys in my gti along with a matching back seat....but mine was 60/40 when i got it out of the donor car?? did they make some of them 60/40 OEM?

no jettas came with a folding rear seat, so if you have a 60/40 recaro trophy rear, someone must have made it that way

·
Registered
15,781 Posts
Re: square, chinese, fabric, modular (morimori)

Yep I got his old headlights, I'm the lucky bastid
Honestly I like it better with those headlights...wow did I just say that?
Looks awesome Greg, glad to see its coming together so nice. Pimpin Coupe

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: square, chinese, fabric, modular (THAT DAMN GOOD!)

Quote, originally posted by THAT DAMN GOOD! »
Thats hot! I need to redo my damn carpet, too (my first redo job sucks). I really like the tail lights and have been thinking about getting em for mine for a while, but couldnt decide and got the red/clears but, seeing your car makes me kinda regret doing that. Keep up the good work!

Thanks. I was on the fence too, between the 1/2 clears and these, but decided to go with these cause I got the panel, too, which I needed. I was also thinking of going away from clear lights all the way around and doing smoked lights in the front bumper, and red for bananas (until they are just deleted) so that they kinda blend in with the body a little more. That was my main motivation, to kinda have the lights be a little more subtle, and the 1/2 clears stand out a little much for me (but I do still really like them)

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: square, chinese, fabric, modular (BadasslilGTI)

Quote, originally posted by BadasslilGTI »
Yep I got his old headlights, I'm the lucky bastid
Honestly I like it better with those headlights...wow did I just say that?
Looks awesome Greg, glad to see its coming together so nice. Pimpin Coupe

I am liking it better with them too (or at least tryin to convince myself of that
). The lighting output isn't nearly the same, but I like the way they look. having the lower grille section in mathcing red helps a bit too, since the rallye grille was all black, it didn't look quite right

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Re: square, chinese, fabric, modular (nickinboston)

i cant believe you ditched hid rallye for a westmorland front end...
u are kuku for cocoa puffs man.
why havent you put an a3 gauge cluster in there yet?

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: square, chinese, fabric, modular (ghostrider)

Quote, originally posted by nickinboston »
car look sick, with those lights go smalls http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

That what I have been thinking, too....
Quote, originally posted by ghostrider »
i cant believe you ditched hid rallye for a westmorland front end...
u are kuku for cocoa puffs man.
why havent you put an a3 gauge cluster in there yet?

I sure am kuku

I basically ditched the rallyes cause they are just worth too much for me. I decided I didn't want that much money wrapped up in headlights on a dalily driver and the money could be better used elsewhere. One stone or jackass backing up would end their lives real quick. I really wasn't too keen on them on the red anyway. I never would have gotten rid of them on the black car, but that is junked now, so........
and yeah, just been too lazy to throw the A3 cluster in there

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Re: square, chinese, fabric, modular (blubayou)

bleh.....
dont get me started...
ive owned 3 different sets of rallye lamps....
4 different grilles....
bleh...

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: square, chinese, fabric, modular (ghostrider)

yeah, I think I have seen your pics of some smashed ones in the past.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Ahhh ...you went back to the squares. Keep the big bumps with the squares, IMO they compliment each other nicely ...although, I think the rallye set up was the best combo http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: square, chinese, fabric, modular (v_dubguy2004)

Quote, originally posted by v_dubguy2004 »
which tails do you have i cant see the pics
and it this on the red coupe

all red chinese jetta tails, and yes, on the red coupe

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Re: square, chinese, fabric, modular (blubayou)

NICE!!! looking dope http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 46 Posts