VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a bit of a hard explanation. I just installed a cts turbo open box intake into my 2016 GLI. Install was smooth but immediately after, whenever I hit boost I would start hearing a loud squealing sound, no it’s no the turbo whistle or anything, a squeal. I went through and tightened the clamps to make sure it wasn’t a leak and even got new better clamps. Same issue. Looking back on the install, there was a tube that came out of the bottom of my stock intake box that just came off and I could not figure out where it went back into. I saw videos of people putting the little filter over it saying it’s a secondary air intake, but mine doesn’t have a 90 degree angle like there’s, it’s straight. If someone could please help me out that would be great. Don’t know what to do

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would use chassis ears if you have any to pinpoint noise location. If that’s the only thing you removed then I would bet money yours has SAI. Maybe double check :unsure: it’s either that or you have a weird coincidence happening and there’s a bearing failing on a pulley somewhere or those pesky water pumps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.