VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past few weeks I've noticed that my suspension has gotten rather squeeky. When I get in the car or it moves up and down a bit I can hear the noise... I don't really hear it when i'm driving and the ride hasn't changed.. but i've been driving downtown a lot and there are some nasty potholes...
wondered if anyone else has experienced this (maybe i just need to WD40 them?)

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Re: Squeeky Suspension?? (Terragen)

Don't use WD40... while it quiets squeaks initially, they tend to develop a lot worser as time progresses due to the degreasing agents in the lubricant.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts

Mine creeks like the doors in a frankenstein movie when I jack the car up and the wheels drop to top out on the shocks in the rear.. or when I put it back down and the spring compresses. Its only in the rear and no noise while I drive...

Thought of greasin it up.. but then brake dust and dirt that gets caught in the grease could make things worse down the road!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

mine squeeks all the time...especially when driving slowly, turning slowly, going over driveway curbs, things like that....
not sure what the problem is either

·
Registered
303 Posts
Re: Squeeky Suspension?? (KMAKAZ_GTI)

Try a Graphite based spray lubricant. Similar to WD-40 but contains no oil. Crappy Tire sells it.
I I just tried this yesterday and it instantly illiminated ALL sweaks instantly!
I had just installed a set of polyurethane motor mounts (ES) a few days before and the sqeaking was driving me nuts. So much so that I was about to go back to the original ones. Then I figured I try the Graphite lube as a last resort and voila! No more squeaks!
ps: ES motor mounts work awesome btw!

·
Registered
8,893 Posts

Problem is some sort of bushings had mine done under warranty and they are now doing it again, I can duplicate it by pressing over tires on car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts