VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bro just got a sentra SE-R and eveything is so tight. Clutch travel is pretty short and the accelerator has pretty good feel. Then I get in My Jetta and its like a marshmellow. The accelerator pedal is to soft and the clutch travel is like 50 miles, is there any way of adjusting it?

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
Re: Squishy Jetta (surefooted)

2.0 or VR6, the answer will be the same. The clutch is self-adjusting, so nothing to do there. And your throttle cable may be loose or something. Check to see if there is any slop at the throttlebody. Hope this helps!
Passatrcr

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Squishy Jetta (passatrcr)

quote:[HR][/HR]2.0 or VR6, the answer will be the same. The clutch is self-adjusting, so nothing to do there. And your throttle cable may be loose or something. Check to see if there is any slop at the throttlebody. Hope this helps!
Passatrcr[HR][/HR]​
Well, accodring to the dealer ship, everything checks out. Everything is so gosh darned soft! So theres no way to decrease the travel of the clutch?

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Re: Squishy Jetta (RJetta8V)

quote:[HR][/HR]2.0 or VR6, the answer will be the same. The clutch is self-adjusting, so nothing to do there. And your throttle cable may be loose or something. Check to see if there is any slop at the throttlebody. Hope this helps!
Passatrcr
Well, accodring to the dealer ship, everything checks out. Everything is so gosh darned soft! So theres no way to decrease the travel of the clutch?[HR][/HR]​
ok marshmellowy clutch, deal with it.. do the doors on the sentra actually thwump when u shut them ot is it tinny?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Squishy Jetta (XSiVE)

quote:[HR][/HR]ok marshmellowy clutch, deal with it.. do the doors on the sentra actually thwump when u shut them ot is it tinny?
[HR][/HR]​
Nope, even the doors are nice and solid.

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
Re: Squishy Jetta (RJetta8V)

Do you push the clutch all the way down when shifting? I don't know about you, but I barely need to put the clutch down 1/4 of it total travel distance to switch gears. Hardly enough to even notice any Marshmellow feel. The only time I ever put it to the floor is to start her up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts