VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Banned
2,340 Posts
Anyone in the Seattle area or within a few hours should really check out the museum, it was incredible!
x2. I was there last Saturday. I even sat in a cut-out SR-71 cockpit.... so small.

There was also the original Apollo 11 capsule Columbia exposed for a limited time... almost chilling to be just 4 feet from it. :thumbup: Way to celebrate the 50th year!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
x2. I was there last Saturday. I even sat in a cut-out SR-71 cockpit.... so small.

There was also the original Apollo 11 capsule Columbia exposed for a limited time... almost chilling to be just 4 feet from it. :thumbup: Way to celebrate the 50th year!
No photos? That's what we all come here for. :(

Brian Shul said:
I was flying the SR-71 out of RAF Mildenhall, England, with my back-seater, Walt Watson; we were returning from a mission over Europe and the Iron Curtain when we received a radio transmission from home base. As we scooted across Denmark in three minutes, we learned that a small RAF base in the English countryside had requested an SR-71 fly-past. The air cadet commander there was a former Blackbird pilot, and thought it would be a motivating moment for the young lads to see the mighty SR-71 perform a low approach. No problem, we were happy to do it. After a quick aerial refuelling over the North Sea, we proceeded to find the small airfield.

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/story-behind-famed-sr-71-blackbird-super-low-knife-edge-pass/

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
19,505 Posts
141 - 148 of 148 Posts