VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to install a ss-bcs but need some ideas of ways to mount it. Anyone do anything creative? If you don't have heated seats and you move some of the buttons around, anyone mount it using two spots under the center vents?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: ss-bcs mounting pics? (jstover)

Someone has to be using this thing. Anyone have pics of how the box is mounted? Just looking for creative ideas.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Re: ss-bcs mounting pics? (jstover)

i mounted mine in the cubby below the readio, just like its shown on the ss website. i've seen a few mounted "stealth" style in the glovebox too.
-scott

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Re: ss-bcs mounting pics? (Boosted VW)

It's a definite power jump....seems to pick up where the stock map left off....but still the transition is pretty smooth.
You will like it.
-Scott

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Re: ss-bcs mounting pics? (Boosted VW)

no, but i've done some logging...if you look at the speed at which rpms build (in the same gear on the same stretch of road, from the same start speed), you can see that with the bcs it revs (accelerates) faster...ie takes less time to go from one speed to another....
"wolfsburg_de" has a spreadsheet to calculate hp, i plan to make some runs and use it to estimate the hp gain. my dyno $$ went into buying the VAG-COM.

"SPYDER" has the bcs and made some comparisons using a g-tech...search for posts by him and you should find it. the absolute values given by this device are debatable, but if you do a before and after, it should give you some ideas.
-scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts