VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

With the current rebate they're having, I'm very tempted to get their X coils.
I tried to search, but couldn't find anyone with hands-on experience with these on MK7s.

I'm only looking for a slight drop and more tightened up ride. Car is 90% daily driven, 10% canyon drives/auto ross/track days.

It seems MK5 and 6 owners are pretty happy with theirs, with only concern on the galvanized steel vs aluminum.

Does anyone have these on their MK7s and care to share their experience?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have their X coils, the ride quality is great in my opinion and they go decently low but not slammed low . Unless you are really picky i would go for them any day of the week.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I have them. The ride is great, not too bumpy. They go plenty low for me. I went with them because the ST X is basically a KW V1 minus the stainless body.

Edit- check out EuroCollective on here. Best price I found and excellent service.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Any pics of the ST X at its lowest setting? I am basically sold into these coilovers drivability wise but I would also like how low they go.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I have the basic coils. I have them most of the way down, they ride great, and high quality. The rear is spun all the way down in this picture but you could still take the adjuster ring out to go lower, and the fronts have about 5 threads left. I would definitely buy them again if I had the chance. Roughly 7,000 miles on them so far.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I had them on my E46 M3. One thing to note if you live in an area with snow these aren't coated with anything. I have a can of Winzer Tekwax I would give you if you were in my area. I liked them when they were on my car and for the price you cant beat it. They don't go low enough for everyone but they were low enough for me.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I had them on my E46 M3. One thing to note if you live in an area with snow these aren't coated with anything. I have a can of Winzer Tekwax I would give you if you were in my area. I liked them when they were on my car and for the price you cant beat it. They don't go low enough for everyone but they were low enough for me.
I'm not sure this correct. The bodies are NOT stainless, however I believe they are zinc coated. They are not bare steel/aluminum.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'm not sure this correct. The bodies are NOT stainless, however I believe they are zinc coated. They are not bare steel/aluminum.
Better check. When I bought mine they warned about corrosion on roads that were salted. This was back in 2010 so maybe they got a coating now. Either way I would verify.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought them and installed them this weekend the ride is so much better and the body roll is almost nonexistent in my opinion but the front right setup I hear like a wobble noise but my friend said its normal that I should just let them settle is that true? Here's also how it looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally got a chance to install these puppies after 2 weeks sitting in the garage.
Put about 75 miles on them and will take the car in for an alignment tomorrow. Will share more pics and review once I have more seat time.

I intended to only lower the car slightly. The drop is about 1". First impression, pretty happy with it! :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Finally got a chance to install these puppies after 2 weeks sitting in the garage.
Put about 75 miles on them and will take the car in for an alignment tomorrow. Will share more pics and review once I have more seat time.

I intended to only lower the car slightly. The drop is about 1". First impression, pretty happy with it! :)

Looks great!

Does this ST coils cause your car too bouncy? That's what I heard so I get BC Racing BR coils, and they're great, and it comes with 30 damping adjustment levels. How about ST?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts