VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looks great!

Does this ST coils cause your car too bouncy? That's what I heard so I get BC Racing BR coils, and they're great, and it comes with 30 damping adjustment levels. How about ST?
This is the X kit from ST and is only height adjustable.
They also have XTA which is height and rebound dampening adjustable.

Ride around town is close to stock.

·
Registered
505 Posts
This is the X kit from ST and is only height adjustable.
They also have XTA which is height and rebound dampening adjustable.

Ride around town is close to stock.
Looks great! I have the X kit and need mine spun up a little bit. I told the shop only 1" max but, their 1" seems a little bit generous, yours definatley sits a little higher then mine. What spacers do you have?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Looks great! I have the X kit and need mine spun up a little bit. I told the shop only 1" max but, their 1" seems a little bit generous, yours definatley sits a little higher then mine. What spacers do you have?
No spacers.

Forewarning.... Front adjustment is piece of cake, you don't even need to remove wheels.
The rear is a total b!tch... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Here's my measurement

Wheel lip to fender line distance with stock suspension:
Driver Front: 4-1/4"
Driver Rear: 4-3/8"
Pass Front: 4-3/8"
Pass Rear: 4-1/2"

Currently sitting: 3-3/8" all around.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Here's my measurement

Wheel lip to fender line distance with stock suspension:
Driver Front: 4-1/4"
Driver Rear: 4-3/8"
Pass Front: 4-3/8"
Pass Rear: 4-1/2"

Currently sitting: 3-3/8" all around.

Thanks for the measurements.

Yeah I gathered the rears were hard to adjust. I was getting resistance from the shop that installed them after I said it was kind of low for me, even vwauditek25 doesn't want to adjust them for me after I offered to pay him :laugh: It's because of the fender liners and you have to use the wrenches as well correct? Can you explain the process of adjusting the front? I'd like to bring it up 1/4" I've got about 2500 miles on them now so they are settled. Thanks!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for the measurements.

Yeah I gathered the rears were hard to adjust. I was getting resistance from the shop that installed them after I said it was kind of low for me, even vwauditek25 doesn't want to adjust them for me after I offered to pay him :laugh: It's because of the fender liners and you have to use the wrenches as well correct? Can you explain the process of adjusting the front? I'd like to bring it up 1/4" I've got about 2500 miles on them now so they are settled. Thanks!
The front is super easy, you don't even have to remove the wheels.
Jack up the car high enough so the wheel is off the ground. This will give you plenty of access to the adjuster collar. There's a small hex screw on the collar. Loosen it up. And you should be able to turn the adjuster collar with the provided wrench. Once you're done, tighten the hex screw again. It doesn't need too much tightening. And you're done.
After several times, I can do the front adjustment in under 5 minutes per side.

The rear is a different story.... :banghead:

·
Registered
505 Posts
The front is super easy, you don't even have to remove the wheels.
Jack up the car high enough so the wheel is off the ground. This will give you plenty of access to the adjuster collar. There's a small hex screw on the collar. Loosen it up. And you should be able to turn the adjuster collar with the provided wrench. Once you're done, tighten the hex screw again. It doesn't need too much tightening. And you're done.
After several times, I can do the front adjustment in under 5 minutes per side.

The rear is a different story.... :banghead:
So, you need the provided wrench, that sucks. I don't have it anymore, the idiot that did my coilovers kept it. The worst shop ever, never going back.

·
Registered
50 Posts
How's everyone's ST coils holding up? Thinking of getting the ST X for my Golf. Any complaints? Poor ride quality? How low do they go?

·
Registered
14 Posts
How's everyone's ST coils holding up? Thinking of getting the ST X for my Golf. Any complaints? Poor ride quality? How low do they go?
They have amazing ride quailty as that they are kw variant 1's. You just won't be able to slam your car with them which is fine for me as that I like my car to actually handle. I rode in my buddies 400hp S3 and went and got a set for my GTI. They are currently shipping to me right now

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Feedback please! On the fence about buying these as well and would like to hear real world reviews.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Feedback please! On the fence about buying these as well and would like to hear real world reviews.

They are great. Again they are a kw product. They are great ride quality. I wouldn't recommend them if your goal is to build a track slut or a slammed car you only want tl hard park. But for a street coil to enhance your handling and lower your center of gravity they are great. I had no complaints with them when we took them on a road trip in my buddy's S3 to disney. Right now they have a $150 mail in rebate. I ordered my own set last week.

I went directly through my guy who had great rates for them

·
Registered
94 Posts
Great feedback. I had a set of ST XTAs on a Fiesta ST and the ride quality was actually better than stock. But that was a different platform. I’m not into a slammed look. Mainly for DD duties plus some autocross.

Anyone with autocross or HPDE experience have any feedback?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great feedback. I had a set of ST XTAs on a Fiesta ST and the ride quality was actually better than stock. But that was a different platform.

Anyone with autocross or HPDE experience have any feedback?

Yeah it's better than stock on our cars too. I just wouldn't get them if your goal is to track competitively. If you want a daily with upgraded handling for hitting the twisties then have at it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
They have amazing ride quailty as that they are kw variant 1's. You just won't be able to slam your car with them which is fine for me as that I like my car to actually handle. I rode in my buddies 400hp S3 and went and got a set for my GTI. They are currently shipping to me right now

How low do you consider "slam"? I don't think I'm trying to "slam" my car but I might want to end up with a little bit of tire tucking. Do you think I can achieve this with the ST X coils and still maintain a good ride quality?

·
Registered
457 Posts
my buddy has had them on his mark 6 gti for 30k miles, no complaints. in the sub 1k price range, theres probably nothing better for late gen cars.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Literally arrived yesterday 2 days early

Nice! Looking forward to seeing it on your car. Can you please let me know how low they go? Thanks!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts