VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yea, I agree. I am quite interested in the DSG flash. A Buffalo local TTS has done the DSG upgrade so I plan to touch base with him see how it is working out for him. It's just another $500 (on sale) to dump in to the car... With the mk3 release in the US looming and the 2.0 ea888 upgrades from APR starting to trickle out... mk3 is looking mighty tempting. I expect the TT to get a valvelift version of the ea888 which is in the GTI and A3 which means more tq and power SOONER in the rev range.
I need to get it to the 1/4. Lemme know when you are going next.

As I mentioned to you the 1/8 track seems slower this year by about .4 seconds for some reason.

FYI with the dsg flash I ran an 8.1 last week. Down from my 8.7 a few weeks ago. Also worth mentioning is all wheel tire spin at launch at the track.

8.1 beats my best last year of 8.2.

If last WED is any indication. I am running about the middle of the pack for what the motorcycles are running.

·
Registered
400 Posts
My go this Fri... not sure yet. Will let you know.

What RPM did you set LC to hover at? Stock mine sits around 3500, my guess TTS is same. For awd cars, is an optimal launch RPM @ the intersection of peak hp and tq?

Side note...LC in new 991 911 turbo holds around 5500 and sounds spitty and nasty!
Mine would hold at 3200 initial bump would be to 3500 stock.

I have mine set at 3800 per APR the bump goes to about 4000 now.

The new s6/7 launch at 5500 also. Crazy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.