VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
After all is said and done, would you spend the $ on the DP and install again? Or further save for a K04 and install DP then?

Thanks.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If I wanted a k04, I would have just bought a TTS. Yes a k04 on a 2.0TFSI w/ valve lift can make a bit more power than a TTS... But again, I would have just bought a TTS if I wanted a k04.

This is my dd which I can get between 33 and 35 mpg when I keep my right foot light. So it can be quite jekyll & Hyde in that regard.

OK, thanks for the insight, but I think you misunderstood what I was asking. My question wasn't to poke at you, not my nature. I have a TT, was thinking of getting a DP but also interested in a K04. Was wondering if your plans were to do a K04, would you wait till then?

I would have gone the TTS route too, but at the time it wasn't in the budget, and the TT was for my wife...

All I was asking is was it a good bang for the buck.:beer:

BTW, thanks for posting the thread. There hasn't been much discussion about the 2.0TFSI VL.:beer:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Cool sounds good.

I have the APR Stg I and Carbonio intake, did that before the 5k service. At 23k now and finding that I am driving the car more and more since we bought a Q5 a couple weeks back. I ordered a set of wheels, as the tires are low. I found that you can pick up a K04 for under $2k, and get the APR software for existing customers for a couple hundred... I am surprised that there isn't more motivation, price cut, for existing APR customers.

Oh well. Thanks for the reply. IF my budget grows soon I will be getting some fun bits, if not, I will be waiting for the black Friday sales...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Curious how the DSG flash would effect those numbers. Being it's your DD, the DSG flash might be the most fun of the upgrades,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.