VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Re: Stage 2 Unitronic Chip INstalled (ATM3222)

Quote, originally posted by ATM3222 »
Very Nice To Here That You Like It.. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

I Agree, Let Me Know If I Should Get Rid Of My GIAC For It http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Re: FV-QR (MatadoR32)

I think neuspeed has one too?
not sure.
oh and youre forgetting APR.
your top ones for NA R32 are..
GIAC, Unitronic, APR, and now EvoMS
Ive test drove an R32 w/ 100k and VFlow Intake and GIAC 93..
mine has 24k on the motor, vflow intake, eip ss exhaust and Unitronic stage 1+..
i can tell you that so far.. i dont see that much of a difference between Unitronic Stg1+ and GIAC 93.. but i was impressed.
now when I first bought my car it came with APR Flash and although it was quick.. it wasnt nearly as quick as these two flashes here.
EvoMS's new dyno numbers are impressing people. only way we can really tell is if we try it out for ourselves.
honestly the difference between any of the software isnt going to be substantial because they're all NA.
biggest differences are going to show unless you go Turbo or SC.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Re: FV-QR (dcagz)

There is not.
I got an email. they told me there was. I called them.. they told me there was.
when it came time to get the flash... there was no such thing.
when i spoke to the guys at unitronic, including mike at H2O - International.. there was no Stage 2 FlashFile.
show me documentation, upload anything you have.
how much did you pay? ask specifically the difference between Stage 1+ and Stage 2.
Ive already been down this road before.. there is not stage 2.. it was what i was trying to get to begin with.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Re: FV-QR (UmbroVR6)

Quote, originally posted by UmbroVR6 »
any of these companies beside GIAC have a file for shrick 268s, exhaust, intake?

Unitronic will write one for you if you want it. I have the Stage 1 with exhaust and intake and the results are great. I inquired about a cam file and they said they'll write a custom one for me if I want it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Re: FV-QR (KoolTrix)

Quote, originally posted by KoolTrix »
There is not.

You are right. There is Stage 1 and Stage 1+ (<-- I guess one could make the argument that this is a Stage 2 I guess....) Unless they just released something and didn't tell anyone about it, there is no flash they sell which is actually called "Stage 2".

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Re: FV-QR (415_R32)

I have emails still to this day.. from Unitronic.. that says there IS a stage 2 flashfile for R32s with Aftermarket Exhaust.
When it came time to register for flashing for h2o international.. i didnt see it as an option on their website, so i called them...
they assured me there was such thing, and it would just be 50.00 more than stage 1+
when i went to RAI motorsports, they scanned my ECM, and requested it the file.. there was no file.. so they called them.. still no file.
so i just got Stage 1+,, unhappy with the result.. something went wrong..
so when I went to H2o.. I had it REFLASHED.. talked to the guy mike.. he's french i believe.. he writes the software I think.. not sure..
cool guy.. he said there is no stage 2.. stage 1+ is as far as it gets.. if there ever was a such thing.. it would be to clear a CEL code for those using high flow cats or testpipes, so it wont show a code for the 02 sensor.
as far as cams.. they can write one.. or you can download their UniSettings from their website and adjust/advance the timing yourself if you feel confident enough.
the end.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts

oh i know.. i was just elaborating my experience.
thanks for agreeing.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Re: FV-QR (blueduece)

Quote, originally posted by blueduece »
i thought i remember seeing a post that uni needed a cammed car to put on their dyno for a cam file

If I end up keeping my car, I'll most likely do cams in which case....I guess I'll find out what (if anything) Uni can do for me. 034 Motorsport is a Uni dealer (local to me) and they have an AWD dyno in house

Modified by 415_R32 at 10:23 PM 10-16-2008

·
Registered
2,253 Posts

You can download their UniSettings Program from their website, and buy a cable for your laptop to Car, and just tweak the program yourself

·
Registered
265 Posts
I just switched from GIAC 93, to Unitronic stage( insert whatever number you think) and i can't really tell any difference. If i had to say one way or the other i would say it feels a little bit slower. I'm running EIP CAI, USP Cat Delete, Milltek non-res exhaust. I think that if i were going from stock to this tune i would be really pleased. but with my mods and the GIAC tune it felt a little stronger. i should just dyno the two so we'd all have proof. that's the only way to tell for sure.
I just got my TT cams in the mail and my unitronic representative said they don't make a cam file for the R32. but that they'll make one up and do some custom logging with you to work it out. There was no mention to price and it's not listed on Unitronic's website.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.