VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stage 3 Big Problem!!! MEXICO

2K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  Srexy 
#1 ·
I post this topic for preventing any VWVortexer friend wich would like to buy any APR product at México by the APR Authorised dealer.
Quote:
Fecha: 31/01/2003 02:14:19 a.m. Hora estándar de México
De: RCumbre
Para: apr@goapr.com
Stephen Hooks
APR President
Brett Augsburger
APR Vice President
Chris George
APR Distributor Relations Coordinator
Johnathan Dennis
APR Sales and Marketing Manager
Dear friends:
The first days of December of last year I decided to buy your APR transverse stage 3 for my jetta 1.8T 2000 by your authorized dealer at Mexico "Pits Autotécnica, S. A. de C. V.", as a member of VWVortex club I know the excellent quality of your products.
I paid, to PITS, in advance about USD$2,500 at the moment I realized the request in specific for your product, along with USD$700 for the Autotech stage 3 clutch (wich, once arrived to the store, they spent TWO WEEKS ! to install) .
Up to date, Pits has not delivered me neither my car (which has been another TWO AND A HALF WEEKS ! on the workshop once arrived the APR stage 3 kit, when they told me the installation lasts about 2 days- i know you state 10 labor hours ) nor your product, and my patience has come to its limit. Your distributor has blamed so much to you, a like to the service of messenger company, as well as to his customs agent, nevertheless, I have realized that PITS have not delivered me my car for its own incompetence and because of the crap service they are used to give to their (YOUR) clients.
I have NEVER got such a bad service for no other shop and am prepared to claim for the legal route my money back. Also I will make public the lack of professionalism of Autotécnica Pits , S. A. de C. V. across different means of national and international diffusion like the club to which I belong.
So I ask you for your support to solve the problem that has transported me to have to deal with PITS to buy your products and I promise to give you a list of professional dealers here in Mexico that really can offer a customer service similar to which you are accustomed to.
Likewise I would like to ask for your attention in a direct way to buy your stage 3 so i will install it into my car by means of another workshop that really has the GOOD WILL and THE TIME to pay attention to me.
Thank you in advance !
Luciano Rubio Rodríguez
RCumbre@aol.com
cc: VWVortex
Autotécnica Pits, S. A. de C. V.

See less See more
#8 ·
Re: Stage 3 Big Problem!!! MEXICO (Lucky Luciano)

Luciano I am sorry for the delay in your car. But i have to let everybody know what is really hapening. When you gave us the advance for your Stage III APR was out of stock We had to wait 1 week and a half to get it delivered to Laredo Tx. Where are import agency is. Since there was a new import law, our agent took a while getting all the paper work toguether for the import. I dont know if any of you guys has ever imported anything, but you need to set a price on every screw and hose there is in the box. Even on the instruction manual. We were abel to get your Stage III here in Mexico the second week of January. We normally install Stage III kits in 2 days. But since your car has an ABD front mount intercooler and used to have a Nesuspeed KO4 Turbo we have to install a new intake manifold (one from an S3) so you can keep your intercooler and you Carbonio air filter intake. If we had installed everything on your car with the stock equipment it would had been ready days ago. Audi doesnt stock the manifold so we had to get a special order from Audi Factory and the Manifold will be in tomorrow. So your car should be ready on Monday. But if you want your money back, we have no problem in returning it to you. But I can waranty you that next week you will be driving a Stage III Jetta.
But please let us know what you want to do. We have installed Stage III kits in Mexico before and the other clients have not yet complain. They are very happy with the service and with APR.

#9 ·
Re: Stage 3 Big Problem!!! MEXICO (Polopitsmx)

two things
1) why is this being resolved on the vortex and not over the phone or in person?
2) if you have other cars with stg 3 kits on them, why did you have to work out a price for all the material? shouldn't you have that prepared?

#11 ·
Re: Stage 3 Big Problem!!! MEXICO (Adam20v)

We did had everything ready for the imoprt of the Stage III, but the law changed in December. If we want to import a Stage III today it is a lot faster. We did talked on the phone but i just learn about this post and wanted eveybody to know what really happen.

#16 ·

quote:[HR][/HR]Luciano I am sorry for the delay in your car. But i have to let everybody know what is really hapening. When you gave us the advance for your Stage III APR was out of stock We had to wait 1 week and a half to get it delivered to Laredo Tx. Where are import agency is. Since there was a new import law, our agent took a while getting all the paper work toguether for the import. I dont know if any of you guys has ever imported anything, but you need to set a price on every screw and hose there is in the box. Even on the instruction manual. We were abel to get your Stage III here in Mexico the second week of January. We normally install Stage III kits in 2 days. But since your car has an ABD front mount intercooler and used to have a Nesuspeed KO4 Turbo we have to install a new intake manifold (one from an S3) so you can keep your intercooler and you Carbonio air filter intake. If we had installed everything on your car with the stock equipment it would had been ready days ago. Audi doesnt stock the manifold so we had to get a special order from Audi Factory and the Manifold will be in tomorrow. So your car should be ready on Monday. But if you want your money back, we have no problem in returning it to you. But I can waranty you that next week you will be driving a Stage III Jetta.
But please let us know what you want to do. We have installed Stage III kits in Mexico before and the other clients have not yet complain. They are very happy with the service and with APR.[HR][/HR]​
Sounds like bunch of BS to me. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

#19 ·
Re: Stage 3 Big Problem!!! MEXICO (Bug_Power)

quote:[HR][/HR]Um why not drive your car to Houston and have the guy who basically has installed more stage 3 kits then anyone in the world do it. Seems more then worth the 1000 extra to pay. Plus you get it in two days no problems.[HR][/HR]​
Well mabye for one, since u and me are american, we have american passports that let us ENTER and LEAVE any country we want........And its not easy for him to get into the usa, he would have to get a visa....And that takes time

Someone tell me if im wrong, i dont think
Overall, youll get it in a few days like stated...and they went the extra lenght for you so you can use you goodies with the kit

overall.....I say they handled it pretty good...

#21 ·
Re: Stage 3 Big Problem!!! MEXICO (A1.8T)

I am not getting on a side here but let me explain some things in Mexico (customs Wise)
First Laws are changed almost every year by the goverment and customs goes on vacation and has 5 days of holidays in December, and december as in the US is the bussiest month of the year on sales and imports.
If this guy doesnt know aobout it either he lives in Mars, he is acustomed to ilegal imports or he is down right stupid.
I sell apple equipment and I always ask for a ton of Computers in the last week of november becaise I know imports and supply will be a nightmare by mid december.
The dealer also made a mistake, of not being clear about the delays caused by that import and also by the changes the car had. AND ALSO of not knowing whatt parts would be needed and if they were in stock.
I guess the 2 sides are at fault, but It seems strange to me that someone has too us VW vortex to make this complaint, and I also know of some fellow mexicans who are very Long on the bad mouthing, and very short on money and temper. AND TIME
I have clients who cannot be satisfied by any means. they are a nightmare and will use kind of opportunity to bash someone.
Apr Mexico has admited its fault and is willing to give back the money, for me that more than enough, I know the guy at Apr, and he is friendly and is not the confrontative-hard to talk to guy....so I hope this guy replies to this thread and explains, because I really dont get it....
And regarding price and why in Mexico and not going to Texas
2 words WARRANTY/CONVINIENCE

#24 ·
Re: Stage 3 Big Problem!!! MEXICO (Bora18t)

one would think with all the illegals that make it over the border, that you could probably easily just drive a kit over the border, hell just make it look likes it part of your car lol.

While your there drag us up some digi-3 ecu's i'd like to get my hands on one for fun

#26 ·

quote:[HR][/HR]Luciano I am sorry for the delay in your car.
So your car should be ready on Monday. But if you want your money back, we have no problem in returning it to you. But I can waranty you that next week you will be driving a Stage III Jetta.
[HR][/HR]​
Ok, Polo, I´ll wait utill monday.
quote:[HR][/HR] We have installed Stage III kits in Mexico before and the other clients have not yet complain. They are very happy with the service and with APR.[HR][/HR]​
}
Do you remember when my Passat 1.8T spent a week in your workshop only to get the APR chip and an oil change? What do you think?, i had bad luck also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.