VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So back in November I bought a 2001 s4, stupid clean, already stage 3 with a bunch of goodies, Daz tuned, got it for a hell of a price, for the simple fact that it wasn't running right and the previous owner didn't have the time or money to figure it out.

the car was running extremely rich and would break up in boost on the way home that day so I got to work later that week. Started a thread on Audizine and recently audi world hoping for help but i haven't gotten very far.

fast forward to today, the car has a brand new Hitachi MAF, new green top coolant temp sensor, new 3 bar fpr, new bosch o2's, new 710n's, new bi pipes, all new couplings, new tbb, not a single vacuum leak or boost leak @20psi, fuel pressure holds at 51psi at idle
and the car still runs rich, short term pulling -14% to -25% at idle, and for whatever reason im not getting any LTFT in channel 32.

i haven't tried this lately but in the past even with the MAF un plugged it would still run rich, and get super rich in boost. Idk what to do or where to look next, im at a loss here and im not getting anywhere except a bunch of time and money put in this thing with no results.

I'm at a loss with this car and don't know what to do next, I have vag com if you need me to look or check over anything.
I know there's some really smart people on these forums so please tell me what I should be looking at next lol. I have vag com if you need me to look or check over anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What does your AFR gauge read at idle?
13.9-15.5 unless I disable fuel trims in channel 99 they go all the way to 8.0

Same with when I drive the car, if I drive slowly the afr stays around 13.9-15.5, the second i push the pedal more then roughly 25% it goes to 11.0 then down to 9.0-8.0 in boost usually breaking up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you checked all your green check valves? Maybe boost is going where it should be.
what green check valves? are they the ones in the spider hose kit? one thing I forgot to mention is I have a new 034 spider hose kit on the car.
sorry for such a late response, I've been really busy and haven had any time to work on the car, I'm hoping to have the next few weeks open to spend my after work hours working on the car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts