VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
Re: Stage 4 G60 Corrado vs. 98 GTI SC??? (g60-inside)

VR of course ,kind of a dumb question pretty obvious , S/C 4cyl or S/C 6cyl hrm ??? unless its runnin like ass , friend of mines Vortech charged VR got walkd by a 1.8t w/ chip and exhaust that runs 14.1 consistantly at the track

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Re: Stage 4 G60 Corrado vs. 98 GTI SC??? (SSj4G60)

It depends on the S/C kit.
I've actually raced a friend with an AMS kit, and also someone else with a Z-Engineering kit. With the AMS GTI VR, we ran the *exact* same ET's and trap speeds. My Stage 4 G60 was faster than the Z-Eng VR6 (Jetta) by a noticeable amount.
It depends on what other mods they have too.

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
Re: Stage 4 G60 Corrado vs. 98 GTI SC??? (URIN 2ND)

quote:[HR][/HR]It depends on the S/C kit.
I've actually raced a friend with an AMS kit, and also someone else with a Z-Engineering kit. With the AMS GTI VR, we ran the *exact* same ET's and trap speeds. My Stage 4 G60 was faster than the Z-Eng VR6 (Jetta) by a noticeable amount.
It depends on what other mods they have too.[HR][/HR]​
Thats weird i mean a AMS VR should be in hi 13s , Zeng a little slower

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Re: Stage 4 G60 Corrado vs. 98 GTI SC??? (SSj4G60)

A *little* slower?!
The Z-Eng dynos that I have personally seen equate to less than 225hp at the CRANK.
It's a great kit for daily driven vehicles or if you want to keep the stock compression and concentrate more on flow than boost levels, but it doesn't make nearly as much power as, say, a Vortech kit from what I've seen.
Anywho...just slapping an AMS charger on a VR6 will NOT get you 13's. It's just not that easy. My buddy was running 13's with a 3.0L and an ~80 dry shot of nitrous in an SLC, and I'm sure that's more power than a basic AMS kit provides.
Although, S/C VR6 ET's seem to vary a LOT due to the traction issue (as to highly modded G60's), so it's really hard to compare them. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Re: Stage 4 G60 Corrado vs. 98 GTI SC??? (URIN 2ND)

i would like to add that a Vr6 was not purpose built for a supercharger
with the 10.1-1 comp. ratio just a little boost goes a long ways. " on the rod bearings"
i have heard that the Vr6 motors over a 100k miles tend to cost alot more $
and with a power adder i will bet it can cost a lot more.
i think a built VR6 to 3.1l with all the goodies and a Nos system
would produce a crapload of power

but as for a VR6 w/ a supercharger vs a stage 4 g60/lysholm
i go with the g60/lysholm, but i am biased.
i think they both come to the same problam of power to weight ratio
at a certian point. as in to much power won't get you any faster.
so the lighter car with the better traction wins.

[Modified by REPOMAN, 12:34 PM 10-5-2002]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.