VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an MK6 GTI, I live the car and just put a dkm stage 3 twin disk clutch in but I'm having some annoying issues. If the car is running, I either can't/is very hard to engage reverse or first gear, the other gears feel a little clunky but not as bad. I had the slave, master cylinder, clutch lines and bleeder valve replaced as well with the only stock piece being the master cylinder. My current theory is that the master cylinder can't handle the pressure of disengaging the new clutch all the way, or that the range of motion for the master cylinder is too short and can't disengage the clutch completely, which in turn means I cant get in gear. If this sounds correct, I can't find an aftermarket slave cylinder to save my life. Or could it be something else? Please help I'm at my wit's end with this issue lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an MK6 GTI, I live the car and just put a dkm stage 3 twin disk clutch in but I'm having some annoying issues. If the car is running, I either can't/is very hard to engage reverse or first gear, the other gears feel a little clunky but not as bad. I had the slave, master cylinder, clutch lines and bleeder valve replaced as well with the only stock piece being the master cylinder. My current theory is that the master cylinder can't handle the pressure of disengaging the new clutch all the way, or that the range of motion for the master cylinder is too short and can't disengage the clutch completely, which in turn means I cant get in gear. If this sounds correct, I can't find an aftermarket slave cylinder to save my life. Or could it be something else? Please help I'm at my wit's end with this issue lol.

Do the gears engage properly when it's not running? I'm thinking maybe if the end links were removed from the gear shift cables for the clutch change and not set back up properly it could definitely cause what you describe; but would be difficult regardless of whether the car is running....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.