VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im real new at the whole car thing. I have heard people say stage 1, stage 2. what are they talking about? how do i make my car cool enough to be a stage SomethingOrOther cuz it sound bad ass!
any help would be great

·
Registered
21,252 Posts
FV-QR

Im at stage 10. That is the end-all be-all of Volkswagen stages. At least, for this engine. VWMS was working on a Stage 11, but the project lost funding.
Takes a lot of posts on the VWVortex forums to get to Stage 10. The end bosses at the end of each Stage get progressively harder to beat.
Good luck on your journey.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Re: FV-QR (tdogg74)

and always look for power up icons, to skip stages.

·
Registered
21,252 Posts
Re: FV-QR (sgolf2000)

Quote, originally posted by sgolf2000 »
and always look for power up icons, to skip stages.

Look on Ebay for those. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Re: Stages? (SweaterVest)

Quote, originally posted by SweaterVest »
so im real new at the whole car thing. I have heard people say stage 1, stage 2. what are they talking about?

It's a marketing gimmick, it's not based on anything solid. Just ignore it and enjoy your time here.

When tdogg's not being a goof, he's a solid source of information here. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Re: (SweaterVest)

It's marketing, pure and simple. The only example I can give you that makes any sense is Kinetic Motorsport's turbo kits:
stage 1: non-intercooled turbo kit, bolt-on only, no internal modifications to engine
stage 2: add intercooler, more boost, still no internal modifications
stage 3: add head gasket spacer to lower engine compression, add more boost, only internal mod is the head spacer
Beyond that, it's up to the people in charge of marketing. Someone's stage whatever isn't necessarily the same as someone else's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts