VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get factory style stainless fittings (nuts) for use on my stainless brake tubing?
I am replacing all of my Brake tubing with stainless and would like to use stainless tubing end fittings as well. I already have braided hoses which have stainless swaged ends.
The factory tubing end fittings rust after a few months and look terrible. I want to keep the under side as clean and bright as the outside, and still be able to drive the damned car!

·
Forum Elder
5,627 Posts
I strongly suggest using ONLY goodridge SS hard tubing as it is properly made. Carroll Smith rants and raves for almost a page against the use of SS brake tubing as it is very brittle. He suggests using only the factory type tubing.. I cannot recall the name of the special coating which is found on the factory lines.
Robert

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (yellowslc)

Quote, originally posted by yellowslc »
Carroll Smith rants and raves for almost a page against the use of SS brake tubing as it is very brittle. He suggests using only the factory type tubing.
Robert

Robert,
Where can I find this page of ranting from Carrol Smith? I'd like to read it for myself, as I have been using SS tube for years and never had a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts