VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna repost this in here because you guys are smarter and more helpful than other forums...

Ok, a couple of months back I got the front end of my car knocked off by an F250. The damage was pretty bad cosmetically but as far as I could tell no damage was done to the motor...no coolant/oil leaks or anything like that. At the time of the accident the car stalled out because, I hope, the FMIC was knocked off. I put every thing back together on Tuesday so the bodyshop can drive it onto the rack to get repaired, but when I turned the key the car started but would not stay running. I drove from CT to AZ about two weeks prior to the accident and was having some hesitation under heavy throttle...possible fuel pump, right? How likely is it that due to the amount of time the car has been sitting (about a month) that the fuel pump would crap out due to inactivity? Or am I on the wrong track all together. I checked the motor for disconnected vacuum lines and broken wiring harnesses with no luck...does the 1.8T have something programmed into the CPU to detect an accident and kill the motor after one? sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any help...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts